5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cigars

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've tried a few variations of New World. Wasn't a fan because of the inconsistency between sticks, even from the same box. I certainly wouldn't turn one down, but there are better choices IMHO.

I have some La Farona's coming soon. It's a small family owned shop in Ybor City that I stumbled across on a trip to the Tampa area last year. I was talking with the owner and she told me her family has been rolling cigars for generations. They fled Cuba when Castro took power. Tons of small cigar shops and lounges there. I'm seriously thinking about retiring in the area LOL. Anyway, I spent a lot of time in their lounge. They even give classes for anyone who's interested in rolling their own cigars. They have pretty good deals on cigar bundles. Here's a link for anyone interested...

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Smoking this AJ New World. I have tried most of the New Worlds and like this one.
Didn’t like the other variety of New Worlds I have tried.
This particular one tastes good. Not sure why there is such a difference.
IMG_0414.jpeg

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished my 2014 box of Lusitania's this morning.
2023-09-17-07-33-15-043.jpg

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dipping my go to into some whiskey. Very good.
If you have not tried dipping the cigar tip occasionally into your favorite libation, you need too.
It works with shine also…. Picked up some apple and blueberry flavor. Very tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 11

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
La Flor Dominica Reserva Especial El Jocko. 4.5 X 54. A quick smoke while there was a break in the chaos at work.
Mild but tastey. Even burn. Unfortunately, I tore the wrapper taking off the lable, but it held together nicely despite that.
Screenshot_20231118_232909_Gallery.jpg
20231118_224058.jpg

Last edited:

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2015 RyJ Cedros Deluxe from that little island south of Florida.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried some Fuente Hemingways.

I prefer Nicaraguan sticks over Dominican, but I thought I would try them because these are what Kid Rock smokes exclusively, supposedly.

Not bad, but didn’t like the aftertaste. Not going to be in my rotation. I’m sticking with my
Nicaraguan sticks.

I also tried the new Perdomo 30th anniversary maduros and are very good. Taste just like the 20th to me, so I’m staying with those ( still my fav). 30s are a tad more expensive.

IMG_2986.jpeg

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried some Fuente Hemingways.

I prefer Nicaraguan sticks over Dominican, but I thought I would try them because these are what Kid Rock smokes exclusively, supposedly.

Not bad, but didn’t like the aftertaste. Not going to be in my rotation. I’m sticking with my
Nicaraguan sticks.

I also tried the new Perdomo 30th anniversary maduros and are very good. Taste just like the 20th to me, so I’m staying with those ( still my fav). 30s are a tad more expensive.

View attachment 173301

Any interest in a trade?

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any interest in a trade?
Yea, maybe.
What are you thinking?

My son is home for Christmas from the ARMY. He likes them, I’m thinking about just giving them to him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread