5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome or Color Matched Bumpers

echristi

Reaction score
I have maximum steel, and chrome. I don't mind it as much as I thought I would. I think I would still choose color matching given the choice, but both will look great.

ballgame168

Reaction score
I have maximum steel, and chrome. I don't mind it as much as I thought I would. I think I would still choose color matching given the choice, but both will look great.

How do you like the color overall?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think either would look good with a nudge to color matched. Just make sure to get a paint protection film installed if you go painted to prevent rock chips.

ballgame168

Reaction score
I think either would look good with a nudge to color matched. Just make sure to get a paint protection film installed if you go painted to prevent rock chips.

Where can I get that done? Cost?

nicodywill

Reaction score
I have Max Steel with Chrome, my last Ram had colored bumpers and I thought I would go that route instead but when I got to the dealership I saw the Steel/Chrome combo and my wife and I both loved it. We both typically don't like the chrome bumpers and trim either.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I prefer chrome bumpers. I think the sport models with the color match look great too, but I think of the durability too. Paint will scratch/scrape worse than chrome, and I like a little bit of chrome anyway.

GreyGoat

Reaction score
I have a Max Steel Limited and love my color matched bumpers. I've had the truck for 2 weeks now and get compliments every day.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Xpel is a good brand, here is their installer locator, just check reviews.

http://www.xpel.com/locator/search/clearbra_installers/

Just for the bumper your probably looking around $300-$400.

2nd this recommendation...I had the XPEL put on mine and so far so good. I paid $800 but that was with the bumper, the area under the headlights, 18 inches on the hood and bring it straight down across the front fenders, and window tinting two windows and the sunroof.

P.S. the installer hated doing all the curves on the front end :p

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like chrome mostly because it doesn't need extra protection. Easy to keep looking new. There's something about paying an extra $500-1000 just to keep something looking good that I don't like. And with all the holes and edges in the bumpers I figure it's just a matter of time for the clear stickers to start lifting.

Mohab

Reaction score
I liked the painted , my wife liked the chrome ......... I got the chrome and I am liking it so far , couple years down the road I can paint it as kind of refreshments to the look

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One reason I did color matched was that it really addresses the "cheeks" on the front end, especially on Ivory and a few other colors. With chrome bumpers those cheeks just stand out and are my least favorite front end part. Going with the Ivory on the bumper just makes the cheeks blend in that much more.
I think the closer your paint is to chrome the less you would notice it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread