5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome or Color Matched Bumpers

abardwell

Reaction score
Max Steel with chrome and I love it. Not a fan of the color matched bumpers. I like the distinction between the body and the bumpers. I don't see how there is a right or wrong answer here though.

jkratze1

Reaction score
I like chrome on dark colors for contrast. Color match on light colors since chrome does not stand out as much.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about bucket vs bench? Age?
At 63 I'll take chrome and bench. Bench = 3 couples, 1 designated driver. Bench also works for bad knees (more room to adjust leg) and tall (6' 1").
I'm 57, and I wanted a Longhorn but had to get a Laramie because I needed the bench. Amen to "more room to move the legs." Also went with chrome and two-tone.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m 53 and I went with the chrome / bench combo for the extra space up front also.

RamMeToo

Reaction score
I'm 44 and have love blacked out trucks, jeeps, and motorcycles. I've really not had anything with chrome on it in about 15 years or so. IMHO chrome is on its way back to popularity. Though I think its early, I do think the younger generation is starting to see chrome as cool. FYI, I have 4 sons 16-22 years old. They all give thumbs up to white 1500 with chrome bumpers.

My sons are my "hip or skip" indicators - lol

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with chrome on my Laramie but swapped out the chrome grill for color matched. I now have that Outdoorsman look haha.

Users who are viewing this thread