5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choosing Best Tonneau Cover

kittyjo

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the Truxedo sentry CT, Truxedo has a 75 dollar rebate till the end of the month I think. And if you call Luke at Truck alterations he’ll set you up with $750 shipped. After rebate $675. Not bad. Wanted to try something else other than a tri-fold that didn’t break the bank.
Got my undercover ultra flex install and tax 1062$ lol my piggy squeeled when that card ran....

Mcbutterpants

Reaction score

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
Where did you get your Tonno Flip from? And what price? I looked at their site but its not user friendly. I have a 2019 Ram rebel with Ram box and I like its low profile design. Any leaks with yours? I am in between the one you have and the MX4

I got it from Diamondback Tonneau covers and I have not had any issues with leaking.

Jims380da

Reaction score
$749 installed and comparable in quality to the big names.

I tried to look up Tonno Flip and nothing comes up. All I come up with is Tonno Pro. Can you tell me where you got it? I like the fit. Thanks

Reaper_6A

Reaction score

Mcbutterpants

Reaction score

No wonder I couldn’t find the TonnoFlip. I was referring to “ramirj2” bed cover. I was looking to see if he could send me the link to his.

ramirj2

Reaction score
No wonder I couldn’t find the TonnoFlip. I was referring to “ramirj2” bed cover. I was looking to see if he could send me the link to his.
Bough it from a Local distributor here in PR, that came as a Pop up in Face Book. $749 installed and fit and finish just like the BAKFlip that I had in my Tacoma. Try to contact them on Facebook through messenger for a dealer near you. Seems to me they are new in the business as the price seemed to good. So far so good 3 month latter.

fiddlyD

Reaction score
Just instalLED LEER Hf250M ... looks great no problems so far .. good price 20% off at auto accessories garage.com

Attachments

• 320B1DC6-B22F-4D3C-A92B-F85B18AC73E3.jpeg
    320B1DC6-B22F-4D3C-A92B-F85B18AC73E3.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 7BCD661E-5E9B-4A7B-B619-7DBE11BE71A3.jpeg
    7BCD661E-5E9B-4A7B-B619-7DBE11BE71A3.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 262

Virginian

Reaction score
Another shoutout to Luke at Truck Alterations. Best prices around and quick free shipping. Highly recommend you email him for a quote before purchasing elsewhere.

Installed the Truxedo Pro X-15 last night. Took about 45 min and easy to install especially if you watch any of the many YouTube videos. Hasn’t rained yet but looks like it should be ok.

The tonneau itself is very fitted so ensuring the side rails are very tight to the tailgate is important. If biased towards the bulkhead you could install with the tailgate not sealed properly.

Overall looks quite nice. Love the fabric. Didn’t want a big flap of leather grain vinyl and liked the ease to remove the roll if I need to place anything heavy in the front of the bed. View attachment 31868 View attachment 31872 View attachment 31870
Thanks for posting this after digesting info on 100 different tonneau covers I landed on this one as I really like the visual of the pics you posted. Yet another shout-out to Luke at http://truckalterations.com/ he gave me a great deal on this cover. I'll posts some pics when I get it later this week.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this after digesting info on 100 different tonneau covers i land on this one as I really like the visual of the pics you posted. Yet another shout-out to Luke at http://truckalterations.com/ he gave me a great deal on this cover. I'll posts some pics when I get it later this week.
Truxedo looks really good, Luke recommended the Sentry CT to me and after further considerations it is my pick right now. There is a $100 credit card for the Extang Exceed till mid April I believe which was front runner at one point. Luke was quick to get back to me and his experience and advice was greatly appreciated.
My experience with one of the larger internet companies (via phone) was on the other end of the spectrum in relation to the Exceed cover. He had no idea what material was on the cover meanwhile Luke explained so far it has good reviews but has not been around that long. Last year Truxedo ran a $100 card similar to Extang. Both brands belong to Truck Hero along with what seems like everything else.

Last edited:

burntomaro

Reaction score
Just installed Peragon Cover and couldn’t be more pleased. $799 with free platinum upgrade ($200 upgrade). Install took about 2 hours. Washed it yesterday and made sure I sprayed it with a ton of water and didn’t have a single drop of water in the bed that I could see. The ability to be able to remove it completely from the bed in about 30 seconds was a must have.

FE88958-B-E95-C-4-AC5-A38-D-612690583-C10.jpg

B5-D2-D301-F5-FD-44-EC-A875-FABF4517-F5-FD.jpg

E636-CFAE-6-D8-B-43-F1-B674-D3-C4-A57-BAC9-C.jpg

390hemi

Reaction score
Just installed Peragon Cover and couldn’t be more pleased. $799 with free platinum upgrade ($200 upgrade). Install took about 2 hours. Washed it yesterday and made sure I sprayed it with a ton of water and didn’t have a single drop of water in the bed that I could see. The ability to be able to remove it completely from the bed in about 30 seconds was a must have.

FE88958-B-E95-C-4-AC5-A38-D-612690583-C10.jpg

B5-D2-D301-F5-FD-44-EC-A875-FABF4517-F5-FD.jpg

E636-CFAE-6-D8-B-43-F1-B674-D3-C4-A57-BAC9-C.jpg
Looks fantastic!
I read this whole thread and not many Peragons on here.
Where did you find your deal??

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Looks fantastic!

I’ve got one and I love it. Paid a lil over 800 for mine though with the premium package.
d964d6ecd2a6d9f0807737d86963932d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Installed my Tuxedo Pro X15.

How do you like the fabric/material? Looking heavily at the Sentry series of covers. The material seems like it would be cool - concern is the color - seems like it contrasts/doesn’t blend in as well as vinyl. Seem durable? Get dirty - risks of staining? Looks amazing in your pictures and have a black big horn so makes me more comfortable about the CT.

burntomaro

Reaction score
Looks fantastic!

They only ship direct to you from their website. Cut out the middle man and the consumer wins. I signed up on their website for deals/promotions and built the cover I wanted and went all the way to the order screen where you type in your CC info etc and left it. Kept getting emails every several weeks for deals. About a month later I got an email with a promo code for the free platinum upgrade. Helluva deal at $800. I know guys who spent $2000 on their cover and it’s not near as nice or versatile as this one.

Sp13

Reaction score
I'm a bit torn between the Lomax and Peragon for my truck. Lomax was cheaper so I decided to go with it. I had a few questions so I called up Agri-Cover, and they told me they have not verified fitment for my truck. I have a 2020 1500 short bed without Ramboxes and without multifunction tailgate. Now I don't know what to do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

K_Hub

Reaction score
I've been REALLY happy with the American Roll Cover by Truck Covers USA. Not the cheapest, but for a retractable cover it "checks" all the boxes I wanted. Releases with a key from the top, OR quick release from the under side. Uses the least amount of space of any retractable inside the bed, too. Does a great job with keeping water out as well. The only place I get water after a car wash is through the tailgate, which has less to do with the cover and more to do with the tailgate.

Super impressed overall!!

Any complaints now that you’ve had the top for awhile? I’m torn right now between the Pace Edwards Ultragroove, the RetraxPro XR and the Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover with the American Track System. I have to have a roll top with some cargo storage above the bed for trips up to the mountains, loading up kayaks, etc.

I was pretty sold on the Retraxpro until I started comparing canister sizes and theirs is huge compared to Truck Covers USA and Pace Edwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread