5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHMSL wire tap for topper

kbraunphoto

Reaction score
I got the Leer plug in harness and for the life of me I can't get the factory plug undone to place the new one in-line.

I guess I have T-rex arms, unless there's a hidden retaining clip or something I can't find...

Danwinters90

Reaction score
Has anyone run into an issue with that purple/white wire? I hooked it up and nothing. So I disconnected and went straight wire to wire with a spare trailer light I had laying around and nothing. Any suggestions? I’m grounded to bare metal not sure what else could be the issue? Thanks.

tahuet

Reaction score
In the video for the Leer harness, he mentions the keyless entry. I assume there’s no way plugging into the trailer harness would be able to pull that, and I’ll need to catch the wires under the door sill. Anyone have any experience with that?

Montanamark

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. The wire is there in the 2022s also. Would have never found it if it wasn’t for this forum!

W Six

Reaction score
my 2020 had it wrapped with just a nub sticking out, barely disable due to the angle.

Batcave Dave

Reaction score
my 2020 had it wrapped with just a nub sticking out, barely disable due to the angle.
Thanks will look closer. would like to know if it was discontinued, but could be well hidden. Couldn't locate it on my 2019 either. Leer dealer said would have to pick up feed under drivers door sill. Don't want to cut and splice. Thanks for your input

Users who are viewing this thread