5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chirps when going over bumps & Braking

SalLamanna

Reaction score
Hey guys. I see a ton of people posting about this. I have a 2022 ram 1500 and when I go over bumps or brake at low speeds I hear a chirp. Heard it in my 2021 ram as well and thought it was the truck. Took my lift off the 2021 and put it on my 2022 and bear the chirp again. Thought it was that but after all these threads I’m reading I’m starting to think it’s just the truck. Hoping someone can shed some light on this

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you post the links to where ton of people are having this problem?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I’ve got the same thing. Pulled up to my dad when we were driving the fields at my nieces ranch and he asked why the he’ll the truck squeaks so much. Never noticed before then, but started driving with the windows open on the ranch roads and boy does it ever squeak and squawk. Narrowed it down to the sway bar bushings and end links. Aftermarket does the same, just need to grease the bushings with lithium grease every 1000km and it seems to reduce/eliminate it.

SalLamanna

Reaction score

This guy fixed the problem. Here’s the link

SalLamanna

Reaction score
Hey guys. I see a ton of people posting about this. I have a 2022 ram 1500 and when I go over bumps or brake at low speeds I hear a chirp. Heard it in my 2021 ram as well and thought it was the truck. Took my lift off the 2021 and put it on my 2022 and bear the chirp again. Thought it was that but after all these threads I’m reading I’m starting to think it’s just the truck. Hoping someone can shed some light on this
Update on this. The link I posted was right. Had my mechanic re lube the break pads and calipers and clean them and it worked. The breaks had zero lube from the factory. My truck has 2k miles on it

peckmv

Reaction score
I have the same squeak/chirp with my 2020 1500 limited. Took to dealer twice and they had it for three days and couldn't find the problem. I alerted them to the brake clips needing grease and supplied them with a printed copy of the TSB. They said it didn't apply to my vin #. Ram Cares contacted me and said to take it to a different dealer. I did and they couldn't find the source of the squeak. Contacted Ram Cares and their answer was to take it to a dealer again. Told them taking it the dealer for the fourth time was not an answer. Ram needs to figure out what the problem is and fix it. Still have the squeak and am thinking about trading it for a Tundra. At least they stand behind their products. This is why Ram gets such low ratings from the consumer publications on quality.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same squeak/chirp with my 2020 1500 limited. Took to dealer twice and they had it for three days and couldn't find the problem. I alerted them to the brake clips needing grease and supplied them with a printed copy of the TSB. They said it didn't apply to my vin #. Ram Cares contacted me and said to take it to a different dealer. I did and they couldn't find the source of the squeak. Contacted Ram Cares and their answer was to take it to a dealer again. Told them taking it the dealer for the fourth time was not an answer. Ram needs to figure out what the problem is and fix it. Still have the squeak and am thinking about trading it for a Tundra. At least they stand behind their products. This is why Ram gets such low ratings from the consumer publications on quality.
While there are some bad dealerships for any/all brands, FCA does seem to have more than their fair share. I’d recommend researching dealerships (public ratings, e.g. Google) before taking it to them. Pay specific attention to the dealer’s service ratings, as many have great sales people, but bad service people (or vice versa).

I changed my pads myself, including lubing the backside/underside of the trouble spot (the pad retention clips), and have not heard a peep from them in many thousands of miles. I could have just lubed them up and been done, without swapping my pads, but I goofed earlier with lazier fix attempts and contaminated my factory pads.

As far as “low ratings” from consumer publications, you must be thinking of years past. Ram currently has some of the best quality and satisfaction scores. Consumer reports, for example, currently ranks them ahead of Ford and Chevy trucks, and although they have not tested the new Tundra yet, I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Here is an article about JD Power’s rankings.

peckmv

Reaction score
While there are some bad dealerships for any/all brands, FCA does seem to have more than their fair share. I’d recommend researching dealerships (public ratings, e.g. Google) before taking it to them. Pay specific attention to the dealer’s service ratings, as many have great sales people, but bad service people (or vice versa).

I changed my pads myself, including lubing the backside/underside of the trouble spot (the pad retention clips), and have not heard a peep from them in many thousands of miles. I could have just lubed them up and been done, without swapping my pads, but I goofed earlier with lazier fix attempts and contaminated my factory pads.

As far as “low ratings” from consumer publications, you must be thinking of years past. Ram currently has some of the best quality and satisfaction scores. Consumer reports, for example, currently ranks them ahead of Ford and Chevy trucks, and although they have not tested the new Tundra yet, I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Here is an article about JD Power’s rankings.
I really shouldn't have to fix the problem myself if the truck is under warranty. I had a Grand Cherokee before this Ram 1500 and FCA dropped the ball on that vehicle too. I'll spare you the details. I took this truck to 2 different dealers that had good service ratings. The problem is unless the problem is obvious they seem to dismiss your issue without really looking into it. My son is an ASE master and Toyota master tech. He told me that Toyota would get the factory involved with engineering support to solve the issue. Why doesn't FCA do this? This problem is still happening on 2022 models. Mine is a 2020. FCA has had 2 years to figure out this issue and yet they want me to keep going to different dealers. If it is the brake clips needing grease then why don't they grease them at the factory or better yet, design a brake that doesn't need grease. Other manufacturers don't have to grease their brakes so I believe it's possible. This is very hard to take after spending what I spent to buy this squeaker.

liq001

Reaction score
did you get this fixed by the dealer? I have had the same issue with my 2022 limited. if you do, please let me know how to fix it. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread