5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check engine light

Mark313

Reaction score
Keep getting a check engine light with code P0507: "Idle air control system revolutions per minute higher than expected". I have cleared this five times. Going to the dealer on Friday. Just wondering if anybody has had this issue. Truck runs fine nothing noticeable as far as issues. I have a 2019 Bighorn with 5.7 Hemi no E torque 35,500 miles. Thanks for any info.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Keep getting a check engine light with code P0507: "Idle air control system revolutions per minute higher than expected". I have cleared this five times. Going to the dealer on Friday. Just wondering if anybody has had this issue. Truck runs fine nothing noticeable as far as issues. I have a 2019 Bighorn with 5.7 Hemi no E torque 35,500 miles. Thanks for any info.

Hi @Mark313 - If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message!

Mark
RamCares

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having it cleared wont fix the issue. Service center needs to look for the cause to get it fixed, which I'm sure they will without issue.
I agree with him though...sounds like a sensor, or computer issue.

Mark313

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and it was a loose vacuum hose on my oil catch can. Glad that is all it was my bad I didn't check there. Oh well lesson learned!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to the dealer today and it was a loose vacuum hose on my oil catch can. Glad that is all it was my bad I didn't check there. Oh well lesson learned!
Nice! So the sensor was doing its job just fine, guess we'll know what to check if it starts happening to the rest of us!

Users who are viewing this thread