5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check Engine Light

JackGaTx

Reaction score
Morning All - new to the site.

I have a 2019 1500 Ram Longhorn 4x4. Currently has 4,400 miles and recently installed B2 Fabrications Exhaust a few weeks ago. This morning I attempted to remote start, it fired, then shut off immediately (I have a full tank). I thought it was odd, so I jumped in, started and noticed the check engine light was on. Nothing out of the norm during my ride into work. I've read posts about the EVAP code and I don't overfill the tank. Question is; should I reset the light or take into dealer to perform diagnosis? Looking for advise and appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

2020BigHorn

Reaction score
You could get an obd2 reader and check the code or go to Autozone and have them read it to see what it actually is.

Could be an emissions or O2 sensor issue from the new exhaust. The dealer probably won’t fix it if it is related to those things because of the custom exhaust.

JackGaTx

Reaction score
I'm scheduled for an oil change, so I'll get them to read it while I'm there. Thanks for the info.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm scheduled for an oil change, so I'll get them to read it while I'm there. Thanks for the info.

If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

JimD007

Reaction score
Did the exhaust installation damage the O2 sensor?

I like torque, a phone or tablet app, to read and reset vehicle codes. I think I paid $5 for it. You also need an OBDii to bluetooth device. Amazon has them for about $20. In addition to reading and resetting codes (you do not have to reset, you can just read) you can create virtual gauges of anything on the OBDii port.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same situation this morning. I fired up the truck and the check engine light came on.

I recently in the last two weeks added a B2 Fabrication Muffler and a RAM Airflow CAI. So, I figured the code was going to be about back pressure or an O2 sensor.

I have a good relationship with the Service Advisor at the local dealership so I stopped by this afternoon to find out what the engine light code error was about.

They hooked up the OBD2 scanner to the truck and the message was about the EVAP System. He said "you probably need to tighten your gas cap."

I told him the 2019 RAM truck has a capless gas tank. He reset the code and said "we will see if it pops up again." (The tank was kind of low when it threw the code) below 1/4 tank.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had the same code for evap system, P0441. I checked the gas flap nothing much going on there, cleared the code and hasn't been back in a couple months, knock on wood

JimD007

Reaction score
My other vehicle, a BMW convertible, has had the evap code for several years. I think the pump that pulls vacumn is out. It's a $100 part. The code just means the pump tried to pull vacumn on the system and could not. It can be a leak, like the cao, but can also be an issue with the pump or vacumn sensor.

HMC8403

Reaction score
Check engine light first came on 4 months into ownership; I checked and cleared it. A couple months later the remote start wouldn't work and the check engine light turned on. At 6 months and 4,400 miles the battery had to be replaced. IMG_0211.jpg IMG_0380.jpg

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need t o get one of those OBD2 scanners.
Did you figure out what was killing the battery or was it just a faulty OEM battery?

Users who are viewing this thread