5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check engine light when truck off

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
Is it normal that the check engine light is on when my truck is off but in the run position. Just noticed it when I sat out in my truck for lunch break and cycled the start button to the run position so that my radio stays on.

It goes out and has never came on when running.
7a35d0a3e348e89620afa96a72b34200.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why Run and not Acc for radio? I see join date is April 2019, is that same for truck? What type of shape is battery? My Ram would not come out of 1st gear one day because of an old battery (2 years + old).

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it normal that the check engine light is on when my truck is off but in the run position. Just noticed it when I sat out in my truck for lunch break and cycled the start button to the run position so that my radio stays on.

It goes out and has never came on when running.
7a35d0a3e348e89620afa96a72b34200.jpg

Yes that’s completely normal if you’re in the run position .

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured but it was hard to find info on this. Knew you guys would know.

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
Why Run and not Acc for radio? I see join date is April 2019, is that same for truck? What type of shape is battery? My Ram would not come out of 1st gear one day because of an old battery (2 years + old).

It cuts out after 15 min. I joined before purchasing as I was researching the 5G

Users who are viewing this thread