5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check engine light rough idle

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Just drove around with the family going shopping. Mix of highway and side streets. Pulled into parking lot and put in park and family noticed truck vibrating while idling.

I gave it a little throttle and it evened out, but still odd. Then when we went to leave, check engine light came on!

Driving home about a mile you could hear rough glub glub engine sound when giving it throttle.

Thoughts? Is there a way to get code from truck? Any tips I should try before bringing it into dealer?

Last edited:

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Most autoparts stores will read the code for you, free.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lyncdead

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem on my 2019 ram 1500 limited a few weeks ago. Check engine light and it was running rough. Took it to the dealer and they quickly diagnosed it as a bad fuel injector. They had it replaced within a few hours. They said they have seen a fair amount of 2019's come in with bad fuel injectors. Its a quick fix but a major inconvenience. I was trying to decide if I wanted to get a tow or drive. I live about 12miles from a dealer and I drove it to the dealer going about 25mph. Anyways, that was my experience... Good luck.

cash4trash

Reaction score
That sucks man. Btw, your handle is AWESOME! Funniest movie ever! Who wants a mustache ride??? LMFAO.

Chris

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Haha I wasn't sure if anyone would get the movie reference!

So dealer took it in found misfire in cylinder 6. Found hairline crack in rocker arm (or shaft can't remember). Should be fixed tomorrow

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haha I wasn't sure if anyone would get the movie reference!

So dealer took it in found misfire in cylinder 6. Found hairline crack in rocker arm (or shaft can't remember). Should be fixed tomorrow

Hi ArcotRAMathorn,

Please be sure to keep us updated, if you are in need of any additional support while your truck is in service we are just a private message away!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread