5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheapest place to buy Bilstien 6112/5160?

CJR28

Reaction score
Mine get delivered today as well. Interested to see how they compare to the Rebel set up.
I had mine out when I put the spacers in but don’t really recall much about them.

Is the stock Rebel shock comparable to a 5100?
The rebel oem shocks i believe are closer to a 4600, which is similar to the 5100 if im not mistaken.

Catamount50

Reaction score
Well it appears I’m going to be the guinea pig. Getting the 6112’s on tomorrow at the same time my dealer installs my ORP springs on my BTS. I still don’t know whether to go with setting 6 or 7. From hub to fender, I’m currently sitting at 22” in the front, and just under 24” in the rear. Assuming the rear springs are 1” more, that puts me around 25” in rear and I’d prefer minimum of .5 inch of rake up to an inch.
The problem is, the 6112 instructions give different heights for each setting depending on whether you’re non-orp or orp and it’s not a consistent 1” difference. So I assume I should go with the non-orp settings since that’s where my truck CURRENTLY sits. So setting 6 gives me about an inch of rake and setting 7 gives me about 3/4. I’ll prob decide just before I leave.

CJR28

Reaction score
Well it appears I’m going to be the guinea pig. Getting the 6112’s on tomorrow at the same time my dealer installs my ORP springs on my BTS. I still don’t know whether to go with setting 6 or 7. From hub to fender, I’m currently sitting at 22” in the front, and just under 24” in the rear. Assuming the rear springs are 1” more, that puts me around 25” in rear and I’d prefer minimum of .5 inch of rake up to an inch.
The problem is, the 6112 instructions give different heights for each setting depending on whether you’re non-orp or orp and it’s not a consistent 1” difference. So I assume I should go with the non-orp settings since that’s where my truck CURRENTLY sits. So setting 6 gives me about an inch of rake and setting 7 gives me about 3/4. I’ll prob decide just before I leave.
Im most likely going to get with #7. I assume that the 6112’s will settle a bit once mileage gets put on them. Im still trying to figure out what parts i need to build them into coilovers, if anyone knows feel free to chime in

Mother

Reaction score
Im most likely going to get with #7. I assume that the 6112’s will settle a bit once mileage gets put on them. Im still trying to figure out what parts i need to build them into coilovers, if anyone knows feel free to chime in

Assuming you mean so you can pre-assemble and just swap them out, I would buy anything that says "OE" next to it on the instructions.

6112.JPG

Catamount50

Reaction score
I'm probably going #7 too. I figure worse case scenario and it's too high, I can always throw some some Icon 1.5" springs in the rear and sell the ORP springs to help offset the cost. It's easier to to change the rear springs than it would be to re-set the front coilovers, so I'd rather be too high than too low. Just my opinion anyway.

And just fyi for anyone interested, Bilstein told me that the front springs included with the 6112's are 550 lbs springs.

antwon412

Reaction score
I was actually planning on going number eight on my rebel. For 2 inch in the front. And I’m heading to Clayton off Road Springs for an extra one and a half inches in the rear.

Going to do mine this weekend.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I was actually planning on going number eight on my rebel. For 2 inch in the front. And I’m heading to Clayton off Road Springs for an extra one and a half inches in the rear.

Going to do mine this weekend.
What are these Clayton off road springs you’re talking about?

Catamount50

Reaction score
Got my 6112/5100’s on. Went with setting number 7 and it was the right choice. Started at about 22” in the front, hub to fender, and currently sitting about 24 1/8. I had the off road springs installed in the rear and gained almost exactly an inch, going from 24” to 25”. Very happy with the way it sits.

Haven’t driven far on them so far but initial impressions are good. Seem very smooth and still very factory-like. The technician that did the work had to come out to meet me when I picked the truck up because he loved the truck so much. He was even impressed with how it rode. I think I may have a tire slightly out of balance (just had them installed along with the Bilsteins), but otherwise so far so good.

71E815B2-F993-4BDA-83DB-AF43840A5684.jpeg A5AADD3A-4AC1-4A7A-A140-73C13F8021B4.jpeg

Marinevb1986

Reaction score
Ready to upgrade from 2” front and 1 1/2 rear spacers.

Just ordered some Clayton off road rear springs. Looking to buy the shocks/struts now.

Summit has them for $1182 for the set.
$732 for the 6112s
$225 each for the 5160s

Anyone know where I might be able to get them cheaper? Every dollar helps!

Thanks.
Check with Dennis Lerdahl at Accessory.parts on Facebook. I bought my 5100s through him. Saved me over $70 and received them the day after I ordered them

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Got my 6112/5100’s on. Went with setting number 7 and it was the right choice. Started at about 22” in the front, hub to fender, and currently sitting about 24 1/8. I had the off road springs installed in the rear and gained almost exactly an inch, going from 24” to 25”. Very happy with the way it sits.

Haven’t driven far on them so far but initial impressions are good. Seem very smooth and still very factory-like. The technician that did the work had to come out to meet me when I picked the truck up because he loved the truck so much. He was even impressed with how it rode. I think I may have a tire slightly out of balance (just had them installed along with the Bilsteins), but otherwise so far so good.

View attachment 73989 View attachment 73991
That's a nice set up man. Love the way your truck looks.

antwon412

Reaction score
What are these Clayton off road springs you’re talking about?
Clayton off road. They sell a 2.5” longer coil for the Gladiator that fits our truck. 2.5” over stock fir the regular trucks, 1.5” over the Rebel height. So far I am very happy with them. Rides better then the stock coils and spacer I had.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Clayton off road. They sell a 2.5” longer coil for the Gladiator that fits our truck. 2.5” over stock fir the regular trucks, 1.5” over the Rebel height. So far I am very happy with them. Rides better then the stock coils and spacer I had.
Interesting.! They’re for the gladiator but the spring rate is ok for our trucks? That’s surprising

notadamnthing

Reaction score
I know this is a repetitive question (I’ve scoured the forum so long I don’t what the correct answer is anymore) but do you need to upgrade the UCA’s if you go with the 6112 package setup?

antwon412

Reaction score
I think it’s generally accepted that if you’re more than 2 1/2 inches or so of lift you should replace the UCAs.

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
Guys, would appreciate if you could guide me to right direction.
Ordered bilstein adjustable 5100
Ordered: Wheels 20x10 with -18 offset and wrapped in cooper discover at3 xlt's 33"x12.5

Currently has only aftermarket airbags on rear when loading a lot of heavy material, not that often.
Here is what bags I have on the rear... https://timbergroveenterprises.com/shop/2019-ram-1500rebel-stainless-rear-asam-sq7724956

My question would be how high would I need to go on setting ring bilstein in order to not have any rub or trimming with above mentioned wheels and tires?
Would like to mention that I would like to have slightly rake higher at rear.

Also I don't mind spending additional money for good corrected angle UCAs with level/lift. What would be good brand? Someone mentioned to just use Mopar UCAs that people use with Mopar 2" Lift from ebay but I don't trust it product from ebay.
I would appreciate if you could provide some right direction.
Should I upgrade rear with blistein?

Users who are viewing this thread