5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap LED tail light conversion too good to be true?

sidus649

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just bought a 22 1500, and I wanted to change the traditional incandescents over to LEDs, as many of you have. I found these on eBay, wayyy cheaper than some of the ones being offered on other websites:

They look almost exactly the same, but I was wondering if any of you by some random chance actually had purchased these, and what the quality was like. Also, have any of you had any issues with hyperflashing with any LED upgrades?

Thanks!

U

User_34235

Very tempting and if you look at his/hers for sale listing, there are a ton of different tail lights for sale. It might take some time to get as they are coming from China, but what concerns me is that they didn't sell anything for months if you look at the feedback, so I would question that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just bought a 22 1500, and I wanted to change the traditional incandescents over to LEDs, as many of you have. I found these on eBay, wayyy cheaper than some of the ones being offered on other websites:

They look almost exactly the same, but I was wondering if any of you by some random chance actually had purchased these, and what the quality was like. Also, have any of you had any issues with hyperflashing with any LED upgrades?

Thanks!
By way cheaper, are you factoring in the $100 for shipping? And they don't say they are OEM taillights, so probably cheaper being china knockoffs.

sidus649

Reaction score
By way cheaper, are you factoring in the $100 for shipping? And they don't say they are OEM taillights, so probably cheaper being china knockoffs.
My thoughts exactly. OEM parts from the wholesale ended up being around $800-$900, but kinda pointless in savings if the quality was bad. I just didn't know if anyone had any luck with them and if they were worth it.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'm sure any aftermarket tail light you would buy from any local or popular vendor is made in china too. If you use paypal to buy them you have a better chance of getting your money back if they turn out to be a sh!t product

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ive used aftermarket taillights on other trucks in the past.
Quality always was just as good as OEM if not better.
Just need to make sure its meant for a truck that didn't come with OEM LEDs. Generally there is a little box in-line after the connection to prevent hyper flashing (if these trucks even have that problem).

Verify it works, but it, if it doesn't open a claim with paypal that it was an inaccurate description and send it back for free.

The price for OEM parts are a complete joke.
$450 for a pair sounds about right, I would go for it if it was me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ive used aftermarket taillights on other trucks in the past.
Quality always was just as good as OEM if not better.
Just need to make sure its meant for a truck that didn't come with OEM LEDs. Generally there is a little box in-line after the connection to prevent hyper flashing (if these trucks even have that problem).

Verify it works, but it, if it doesn't open a claim with paypal that it was an inaccurate description and send it back for free.

The price for OEM parts are a complete joke.
$450 for a pair sounds about right, I would go for it if it was me.
You can use alfaObd or TazerDT to change the settings for taillights to LED.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are shipping from China. So if you might have to wait quite awhile to get them if you order these.

Other than that they look just like OEM except for the RAM logo embossed on the Taillight.

Users who are viewing this thread