5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging slowly....

Rossyflossy

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced issues with the USB c port? It just seems to me like it takes forever to acquire a percent or two worth of charge. I'm not sure the Android auto has anything to do with it or not, but I decline that Everytime anyway. I would like to hear what has worked best for everyone on here. By the way I am new to the whole forum thing so I don't have a signature yet I will be working on it. I have a 2019 ram 1500 limited. Thanks in advance

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s weird. Today for the first time i plugged in my iPad that had 6% battery left. Drove to work and 20 minutes later unplugged with 35 percent. I was surprised it was that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrboDeezl

Reaction score
Same exact thing happens to me. iPhone with standard USB to Lightning and USB C to Lightning. Same thing on an Android phone with USB C. This happens on all USB ports.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced issues with the USB c port? It just seems to me like it takes forever to acquire a percent or two worth of charge. I'm not sure the Android auto has anything to do with it or not, but I decline that Everytime anyway. I would like to hear what has worked best for everyone on here. By the way I am new to the whole forum thing so I don't have a signature yet I will be working on it. I have a 2019 ram 1500 limited. Thanks in advance
Same exact thing happens to me. iPhone with standard USB to Lightning and USB C to Lightning. Same thing on an Android phone with USB C. This happens on all USB ports.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Are you using a quality charging cable like the one that came with your phone? In my experience, a cheap cable can lead to slow charging.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
They will not charge at a higher rate due to the difference in mobile devices. The newer ones can charge at a higher rate than older ones.

i have found that if you get a cig lighter plug and use the top one that they charge at a higher age.

there is also an outlet in the center console and you can use your normal charging plug

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Note 9 charges quickly from the USBs, but every once in a while it will charge slowly. Unplugged it and plugged it back in and everything was fine. As AR said, a cheap cable can cause trouble too.

yerigreece

Reaction score
I once faced the issue in may iPhone. I just plugged it out and in again. But unforunately no use. Last, I had to use an ios system recovery tool to fix the iPhone charging slow issue. But in most cases, disconnecting and reconnecting the usb is workable.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's almost always due to the charging cable. As mentioned, make sure to have a quality charging cable, preferably an OEM one. Just in case, also reboot/restart your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread