5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to climate control?

smashweights

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed a change in the auto climate control function? Last winter I swear it was like my other vehicles and didn't blow much, if any, air until the engine warmed up. Now it seems the leg vents are on a mid setting blowing cold air when the engine is still cold. Perhaps I'm just crazy...? Only difference is the software update that finally got pushed out this summer.

Mike1701

Reaction score
Honestly - I noticed something similar this morning in mine.
Curious to see feedback from others ... doesn't make sense to walk into a cold vehicle blowing cold air lol.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed a change in the auto climate control function? Last winter I swear it was like my other vehicles and didn't blow much, if any, air until the engine warmed up. Now it seems the leg vents are on a mid setting blowing cold air when the engine is still cold. Perhaps I'm just crazy...? Only difference is the software update that finally got pushed out this summer.
Mine’s done that since delivery (2018). Grr.

smashweights

Reaction score
I have a N0GL head unit and didn't get any software updates til this summer and I just can't figure out of I'm misremembering last winter or not?

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Yup and my AC light goes out when I hit auto now. Used to be on... anyone else?

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. I never use the auto function. But in say normal windshield defrost mode, on full blast at 7. It will just slow it self down out of nowhere. It will still show the highest setting, but you can feel and gear the audible power down.

Is this normal?

kamo

Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue with 2019 ram 1500 which in the winter blow cold air while the engine is warming up and I have to take it out of auto every time I get in!
Per owner manual page 87, blower must stay on the low speed before warm up.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 28

jastevenson

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. I never use the auto function. But in say normal windshield defrost mode, on full blast at 7. It will just slow it self down out of nowhere. It will still show the highest setting, but you can feel and gear the audible power down.

Is this normal?

If you have an eTorque with start-stop, this will happen at a stoplight with the engine off to preserve power.

kamo

Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue with 2019 ram 1500 which in the winter blow cold air while the engine is warming up and I have to take it out of auto every time I get in!
Per owner manual page 87, blower must stay on the low speed before warm up.
Just recived it back from dealership after two days. I either printed page 85 of the manual and showed it to them. But they said it works as it supposed to works. We documented it if you want directly follow up with chrysler! I don’t know what to say and how people stand it in cold climates! Unless you don't use features that you already paid for!

Last edited:

matt.weingart

Reaction score
My 2019 limited started doing the same thing. It would be nice to work like all other climate control systems. Blasting cold air is no fun first thing in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedracernc

Reaction score
Add mine to the list. There is another thread talking about the same thing. I belive its from an update that happened this past summer.

ScottsRAM

Reaction score
Took the truck in to the dealership. Gave the service rep a copy of the manual, so when FCA states its "normal" he can advise them of their own wording. He called and started a "star case" and spoke with a FCA tech. He explained the manual and was told there is not a fix, and there will not be one in the future. They know its a programing issue and refuse to fix it. The dealership said there's nothing more they can do without guidance from FCA. My dad has a '21 and it works perfectly. I think this is a '19 problem. My truck also has the vibration issue they refuse to address or admit they have a large issue with this. I'm starting to jump through the hoops for arbitration buy back.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
When you hit the auto button does the AC light turn on?

Users who are viewing this thread