5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change out a park assist Sensor - Ram Rebel

mch

Reaction score

Yesterday my truck's dash displayed an error message of "Front ParkSense Unavailable Service Required." I figured I'd wipe down the sensors before I took further action. I then noticed that it looked like the 3rd sensor from the driver's side (pointing straight ahead) looked like it had taken a small rock hit in the middle of the sensor. There is a notable indent in the sensor the size of a bb. I looked under the truck and it doesn't look straight forward on how to get to the sensor for removal, as the sensor looks to be covered by a big plastic cover and I'm unsure if I need to unbolt things or if it can be pried off. Can anyone point me in the right direction to access the sensor?​

It looks like the sensor I need is "2019-2021 Mopar Park Assist Sensor - Mopar (6MK25TZZAA)." I was hoping to pull it off to double check and see if I could confirm issue with a multimeter.​

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yesterday my truck's dash displayed an error message of "Front ParkSense Unavailable Service Required." I figured I'd wipe down the sensors before I took further action. I then noticed that it looked like the 3rd sensor from the driver's side (pointing straight ahead) looked like it had taken a small rock hit in the middle of the sensor. There is a notable indent in the sensor the size of a bb. I looked under the truck and it doesn't look straight forward on how to get to the sensor for removal, as the sensor looks to be covered by a big plastic cover and I'm unsure if I need to unbolt things or if it can be pried off. Can anyone point me in the right direction to access the sensor?​

It looks like the sensor I need is "2019-2021 Mopar Park Assist Sensor - Mopar (6MK25TZZAA)." I was hoping to pull it off to double check and see if I could confirm issue with a multimeter.​

Looks like the bumper needs to be removed to gain access to the front center sensors. They have B+ and ground connections, send data to PAM.
If it has a ding in it, it`s most likely toast being an ultrasonic sensor.
edit: Hammer-down Motorsports has a pretty useful video.

Last edited:

mch

Reaction score
Last week I changed the sensor out and all was back to normal. Pretty straight forward. Like three 8mm bolts on each side in the fender well. On the driver's side also two 8mm bolts you should loosen to remove the front part of the inner fender cover. unplug the harness on the driver's side, then there are a three 18mm nuts on each side (total of 6) of the bumper supports (You'll need a wrench for at least 4 of the nuts) . Once you have the bumper off, you can access and remove the cover that holds / covers the sensors. You don't have to take off any bolts, but unsnapping the cover is kind of a pain so use a pick or small screwdriver. On restart, it no longer threw an error message regarding parksense.

Users who are viewing this thread