5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certified Truck Scales

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They just opened the new Rutter's store near us. It seems to be almost a truck stop.

Cool thing, it has certified truck scales.

Obviously when I get a chance to get back out that way I will just ask inside, but while I am sitting here on my couch I got a question.

Anyone ever use these? Do they cost? Are the limited to Big Rigs, or can anyone use them?

Our next camping trip is in the other direction...but i may just hook it up to go get some final level numbers for my 1500 proposal.

Thanks.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, they cost. It's usually $10-12 and is open to any paying customer. And yes, it's worth it. Most folks "underestimate" the total load of a truck/trailer with gear. It's also good to know the actually "running weight" of your truck. I have access to a farm scale, and on my Gen IV Tradesman, I was just over 6000# with me (240#) and the stuff under the seat. This was on a truck with a weight of 5350#. A few chain binders, chains and tools add up quickly.

I wonder what this guy would have weighed?

images.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread