5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic windshield tint? (clear)

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
I did 35% all around

355ac96eaf516247f71612b0e3497d27.jpg

e736e8a87e5360ec56d4c4cd629f49d1.jpg

Those are from day of install

Have not taken anything since. Overdue!
Is the rear doors OEM tint? Thanks! Looks good

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I have Xpel XR 70 on my windshield. I got it done about 3 weeks ago. I’m noticing some slight distortion from headlights, taillights and stop lights especially at night. I’d call it a slight blur almost as if the lights are reflecting off very small particles in the tint. It’s comparable to what lights would reflect off of if you had a very fine mist in the windshield.

Is this normal for a tinted windshield. My Xpel Prime XR side and bacwindows are crystal clear.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have Xpel XR 70 on my windshield. I got it done about 3 weeks ago. I’m noticing some slight distortion from headlights, taillights and stop lights especially at night. I’d call it a slight blur almost as if the lights are reflecting off very small particles in the tint. It’s comparable to what lights would reflect off of if you had a very fine mist in the windshield.

Is this normal for a tinted windshield. My Xpel Prime XR side and bacwindows are crystal clear.
I have wincos ceramic 70% and have none of that.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 50% ceramic tint on the windshield and no issues. There was some slight waving in the beginning but that smoothed out rather quickly.

Triple X

Reaction score
I just had my 2021 windows and pano tinted.
I asked the installer about the clear in the windshield and he said there was a warning on the cutting software about doing the new Ram so I didn't have it done.

Nsm42

Reaction score
XPEL XR Plus 70% on my front windshield and front doors. 118+ temps in So Cal/AZ summers and it’s proven it’s worth. It’s essentially like wearing polarized sunglasses. I hardly wear them anymore.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had my 2021 windows and pano tinted.
I asked the installer about the clear in the windshield and he said there was a warning on the cutting software about doing the new Ram so I didn't have it done.

Most likely an issue with water running down the dash and making a mess of some electronics

Users who are viewing this thread