5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic window tint worth it?

ToeKnee

Reaction score
I planned on getting my truck tinted next week and was wondering if ceramic tint is worth the pic. The guy I talked to quoted me $160 for regular tint and $220 for the ceramic.

Barnyard

Reaction score
Absolutely worth it. My tint guy has a demo set up with a heat lamp and some old car windows tinted with with different shades of ceramic/no tint/regular tint. No comparison between regular and ceramic, you really can feel the difference. Not much difference between no tint and regular.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

thrillracing

Reaction score
I planned on getting my truck tinted next week and was wondering if ceramic tint is worth the pic. The guy I talked to quoted me $160 for regular tint and $220 for the ceramic.

At that price absolutely! What is the brand and tint name? I was iffy on spending the extra money but it is absolutely like the demo. The tinted windows are so much cooler I’m thinking of getting 80 on my windshield.

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards

RGLAF

Reaction score
I just got my 2020 Laramie night edition ceramic tinted used Lummar AIR80 on the windshield and Lummar IRX series on front door windows and Pano roof. I paid $630..... I'm in northern VA. I instantly felt a difference in the cabin, didn't need to have the Max A/C on to keep the cabin comfortable.

These trucks have weak A/Cs

ToeKnee

Reaction score
They didn’t give me brand, they just said ceramic was $220.

Yreka_Kid

Reaction score
I'd do it for 220$ they want 450$ out here, Ill pass at that price

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my 2020 Laramie night edition ceramic tinted used Lummar AIR80 on the windshield and Lummar IRX series on front door windows and Pano roof. I paid $630..... I'm in northern VA. I instantly felt a difference in the cabin, didn't need to have the Max A/C on to keep the cabin comfortable.
Same thing here... AIR80 on the windshield and IRX on the sides. $700, but he did come to me to do the tinting, so it was worth the extra.

I think the key is it helps keep the cabin cooled down easier once it gets cool... provided you get some quality tint.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Absolutely!! I put Ceramic tint on mine for the first time. I am in South Louisiana where it is always miserably hot and this tint actually keeps the temps down in the truck.

ToeKnee

Reaction score
$550!?!? This sounds way to high to me. I contacted several tinting place around me and they were all $200-$300.
220 sounds off. I did mine in in April mine was 550.

Kob0583

Reaction score
Paid $600 for the entire truck and seemed in line for my area for ceramic, non ceramic would be in the 300-400 range in JAX area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaEngineer

Reaction score
I didn’t do ceramic. Paid $170 for 20% on everything except the windshield. Noticeable different in Central Florida heat for cooling the truck down. I’m not sure $600 for ceramic would have been worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcliu430

Reaction score

These trucks have weak A/Cs
Hi, do you have recommendations for card tint? I ordered my truck at moons and am planning to get mine tinted as well

tom318

Reaction score
I feel it’s worth it as well. I wasn’t fully sold on it until I experienced first hand back to back drives with a car with 35% standard tint vs 35% ceramic. Real world experience: Commute home is straight north so the sun is usually burning me up in the evenings. Usually try to drive with windows down but when the sun gets to me It’s windows up and AC max. As I Rolled up the non ceramic windows it barely made a difference as far as keeping the heat off of me, WTF. Did the same thing the next day with my car with ceramic tints and you can feel the heat come off of you as the window goes up. It was the feeling of money well spent hahahah.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Absolutely worth it. My tint guy has a demo set up with a heat lamp and some old car windows tinted with with different shades of ceramic/no tint/regular tint. No comparison between regular and ceramic, you really can feel the difference. Not much difference between no tint and regular.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Exactly. Tint from the factory is really a dye in the glass for privacy and does little for heat rejection. The ceramic actually works as heat rejection. Not only will the “lamp test” show you but your arm on the armrest will thank you afterwards.

I had the shop put a clear ceramic on the windshield and it made a noticeable difference. I do admit theres a certain “clouding” or something which isn’t as “crisp” to look out of however it‘s such a big piece of glass that the heat gain w/o ceramic was huge.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid $500 for the entire truck, 5% rear glass and doors, 15% front doors and 70% windshield for Xpel Prime XR which is ceramic and IR rejecting in NE FL. The inside of my truck is never hotter than the ambient temp outside.

Users who are viewing this thread