5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Tint Quote

LamboTexas

Reaction score
This quote of $500 for Ceramic Tint on my 3500 is crazy isn’t it? I was expecting $350-$400? What have y’all paid?

Jwb473

Reaction score
I was quoted $399 for my 1500...not sure what the difference between glass size is between our trucks.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think my 1500 was 475 for everything, including the windshield, all in ceramic. Air 80 on the windshield, 35 up front and 50? In the rear to darken it up just a bit more for the kids.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd have to guess locally it would be $350 to $400. I was originally quoted $250-275 when they thought I was doing the whole windshield and two fronts. I paid $150 for two fronts and a strip on the windshield.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I think it depends a lot of the brand of tint and how many windows are being tinted.

I recently got 3M all the way around.

Crystaline Windshield - $200
Crystaline Panoroof - $125
3M Color Stable on four sides and rear- $325

Tax $50

$700 total.

Could have got a cheaper tint (Still Ceramic) for around $500 for the same setup, but I really wanted the Crystaline on the windshield and roof.

Most Ive ever paid for tint, and at the time I half thought It was crazy to spend that much, but so far its been great. Very noticeable reduction in heat in the Cab. Last summer I never opened the pano roof slide cover when it was hot since it felt like an oven baking me. Now you can ride with it open and you still get some heat on very hot days, but much more tolerable.

Good luck!

Kob0583

Reaction score
It’s not bad for all around ceramic I paid around that. Ceramic is worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid 500 for Xpel XR all the way around including windshield on mine. Worth every dime, my truck is never hotter than ambient temp even when its 95+ out.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think it depends a lot of the brand of tint and how many windows are being tinted.

I recently got 3M all the way around.

Crystaline Windshield - $200
Crystaline Panoroof - $125
3M Color Stable on four sides and rear- $325

Tax $50

$700 total.

Could have got a cheaper tint (Still Ceramic) for around $500 for the same setup, but I really wanted the Crystaline on the windshield and roof.

Most Ive ever paid for tint, and at the time I half thought It was crazy to spend that much, but so far its been great. Very noticeable reduction in heat in the Cab. Last summer I never opened the pano roof slide cover when it was hot since it felt like an oven baking me. Now you can ride with it open and you still get some heat on very hot days, but much more tolerable.

Good luck!

Thats about what I paid, Wincos IR nano ceramic film
$250 for the windshield (Wincos 70),
$100 for the pano (wincos 70)
$399 for the rest of the truck (2 front, wincos 30) 3 rear (wincos 45).
Got 10% off, total was $675.

The cheaper tint would have been $199, the mid grade tint was $299, definitely depends on the film used

Last edited:

Kob0583

Reaction score
I spent around $600 for suntek for the entire truck. Non pano roof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree. I paid around the same as you.
Big difference in quality, price and heat rejection(the most important part with as much glass as we have) with ceramic films.
I didn't get ceramic in my previous vehicle but did with my truck as the bigger windows would only add more heat on road trips and helps you feel cooler even with the sun beating right in the window.

My tinter told me that people who get $1k+ tint jobs on their Tesla's can see a return in less than 3 years with the reduced power they have to use to cool the cabin.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread