5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Coating

Doberman11

Reaction score
Picked up new Ram last week. I took it straight to get Ceramic Coating. No wax for 5 years. They polished it before they coated it and did the wheels also. The pic doesn't do it justice because it's a cloudy day.

Attachments

• IMG_9440.JPG
    IMG_9440.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_9432.JPG
    IMG_9432.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_9433.JPG
    IMG_9433.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 455

HMC8403

Reaction score
Nice. What brand did you go with and how much did they charge if you don't mind me asking.

Arth

Reaction score
I am hoping the ceramic coating was a good investment. We will see. Still subject to lots of rock chips but hoping the paint stays looking good longer. I did a 5 year as well.

Br549

Reaction score
My Rebel is getting the 5 year as I type this. hope It lets me enjoy decent looking paint or a while longer.

Petey1311

Reaction score
I went with Opti coat plus by Optimum 7 year warranty charged me 1K per vehicle for two vehicles , normally $1,200 they cut me a deal, wife’s Grand Cherokee and this big bad beauty. The pics aren’t the best cloudy this morning but this is after two weeks they are only getting more brilliant. The sangria paint on the Jeep is awesome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 243

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ceramic Pro 9H, 1500 Hundred

First off at that price it should be a lifetime version not a 5 year one.

That’s what I had done about 8 months ago (lifetime version) and after a Michigan winter it still beads water like new. Just make sure you use the boost spray every couple of washes. Don’t waste your money on the ceramic pro version. Use the one from gyeon. Makes the the truck as slick as snot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kroc0005

Reaction score

That’s what I had done about 8 months ago (lifetime version) and after a Michigan winter it still beads water like new. Just make sure you use the boost spray every couple of washes. Don’t waste your money on the ceramic pro version. Use the one from gyeon. Makes the the truck as slick as snot.

What boost spray do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What boost spray do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Here’s why I use the gyeon boost...and the truck hasn’t been washed in 2 weeks and lives outside.

fd884c4629c2e6e044fec92f191d9782.jpg

Chuck19

Reaction score

So what does a lifetime setup cost?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what does a lifetime setup cost?

I paid 1400 for mine. That included paint correction ahead of applying the ceramic pro. The treatment covers the wheels and glass too.

What’s nice is this most insurance will reimburse you if get hit and need paint or panel repair. I had a dog run into my passenger bed panel that led to replacing the panel and State Farm wrote me a check to have the the panel treated.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Hmmmmmi might have to look into this! Do you know what ceramic coat they used to get the lifetime warranty?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
The dealer told me that they went with CilaJet on mine 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie. Haven’t been in the wet yet (maybe in the fall as no rain now here in San Diego until the fall). But did fnd some LineX overspray and that came right off.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmmmmi might have to look into this! Do you know what ceramic coat they used to get the lifetime warranty?

Ceramic Pro Lifetime Version comes with 4 coats of it. They have other packages for less that are not lifetime.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer told me that they went with CilaJet on mine 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie. Haven’t been in the wet yet (maybe in the fall as no rain now here in San Diego until the fall). But did fnd some LineX overspray and that came right off.

Make sure to use a good booster spray every other time you wash the truck or at least once a month to keep the hydrophobicity strong.

rotts4u

Reaction score
I did mine myself with CarPro Quartz and topped with Gliss. I know for sure it won't last 5 years more like 2 but it cost me about $120 in chemicals and I did all the labor myself as I already had buffers and pads and polish to do correction. It was new so it didn't really need any correction but I gave it a minor buff. Ill do it again in 2 -3 years for another $120 or so. I dont think this route is as good as a certified professional but its pretty good and way better than a traditional wax or sealant.

KOOPS

Reaction score
I am having mine coated on Monday 5/25 for $800. Not doing the glass or wheels. Bought 2020 Rebel new, 2 weeks ago. Service Includes the standard - 'full iron decontamination, clay bar, single stage polish, alcohol wipe, and then lay down the coating.'

Users who are viewing this thread