5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Panel

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
My center console panel switches stop working yesterday. The Assist button, SOS button, Tailgate, front cabin lights switch and also automatically when you open the door. Has anyone experienced this? I'm posting a picture to help everybody understand what I'm trying to explain.

Attachments

• 15333866423446885252819559458455.jpg
    15333866423446885252819559458455.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
My center console panel switches stop working yesterday. The Assist button, SOS button, Tailgate, front cabin lights switch and also automatically when you open the door. Has anyone experienced this? I'm posting a picture to help everybody understand what I'm trying to explain.

Loose connection or fuse? I know on 15' and 16's there was big problems with trucks delivered with all the fuses barely pushed in... lots of flickering lights and dodgy screen issues. Worth a looksee.

Lol I have those but haven't used them at all. What does this assist button even do

Well mine actually call out to them before it stop working

I guess I'll try and figure out where it is and push them all in

Fuses are under the steering column and also in the engine compartment. See my post about hard wiring a dash cam to see how to gain access.

Yes I look at them last night and there was no layout of the fuse describing what it fusing

Well great news a disassemble and reassemble worked. I check my fuses after Jared helped me pinpoint them and they all checked out. Then I begin to brainstorm hmmm I just begin to wonder if something had come loose because it was not completely plugged in, understanding that the worker were probably mad when they built my truck knowing that they had to work the 4th of July. Then I begin to figure out how to disassemble which I found to be quite simple. The first thing you do is open your sunglass holder and there are two 8mm or 9mm screw, take them out and gently pull on the edges of the panel and it will come right out. The panel has four plugs attached two from the roof and two are just cross connected. I unplugged them all even the cross connection. I the firmly plugged them all back in and screwed it back to the roof and wat da, it's all working now. Now this is a heads up to any of you that experience this and dont want to wait on a dealer which from the looks of all the problems we all probably would have a long wait then they got to diagnose and order parts. Good Luck Men. I hope I save someone time going thru the diagnosis.

Well great news a disassemble and reassemble worked. I check my fuses after Jared helped me pinpoint them and they all checked out. Then I begin to brainstorm hmmm I just begin to wonder if something had come loose because it was not completely plugged in, understanding that the worker were probably mad when they built my truck knowing that they had to work the 4th of July. Then I begin to figure out how to disassemble which I found to be quite simple. The first thing you do is open your sunglass holder and there are two 8mm or 9mm screw, take them out and gently pull on the edges of the panel and it will come right out. The panel has four plugs attached two from the roof and two are just cross connected. I unplugged them all even the cross connection. I the firmly plugged them all back in and screwed it back to the roof and wat da, it's all working now. Now this is a heads up to any of you that experience this and dont want to wait on a dealer which from the looks of all the problems we all probably would have a long wait then they got to diagnose and order parts. Good Luck Men. I hope I save someone time going thru the diagnosis.

Sucks that this happened to you but I'm glad you were able to resolve it yourself (relatively) painlessly.

I’m a fan of do it yourself if you can, I hate dropping off or waiting around in a dealer lobby.

I’m a fan of do it yourself if you can, I hate dropping off or waiting around in a dealer lobby.

Uhg, having had over a dozen dealer visits with my 16', I just read/hear/think of dealer lobby and get ill. Stuck like cattle waiting for a shuttle or loaner.

Brutal.

Dealer....... I'm lucky to have a great one. Service wait area is like a little café. Bagels, pastries, ice cream..... All on the house. Big screen TV, lounge chairs, tables to work from and the counter to eat all the free stuff. I haven't needed it for the Ram but I have used it for a couple of years now with my JK Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back