5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console conversion?

zukiman13

Reaction score
I have my front USB ports working now. $5 extension from amazon and they are good to go. The rear also powered up as well so I am all set. I have not tried the smaller USBs above the regular ones as I have no plug to test them with, but the regular USB ports are functional now. Link to usb extensions below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S6HKR1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been doing the same swap and have gotten everything working, except the apple carplay no longere works. The usb plug has power and charges the phone, but will not connect to carplay. Did you have any issues with that? a solution?

ranlin

Reaction score
Wow, magic happens here. I’m going to buy a Laramie with the center console and want to have a bench seat instead. Anyone interested in swapping with mine? :)
did you find a swap?

Buzz

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Big Horn and am thinking of taking out the center seat and replace it with a console. Anyone have interest in swapping if i do decide to swap?

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Great info! If anyone is wanting to do this swap, I am right outside of Savannah GA. Looking to move to the center console, before I buy one off eBay. :)

Buzz

Reaction score
rlc2020,
I received a console from a forum member here (goldeneeye) and am getting ready to take out my third row seat and install the console. I saw that you had done the swap already and i have read all the posts i could find. I just wanted to ask you if i had everything i might need.
1) I bought the $5 USB extension off ebay.
2) I ordered the rear bracket to mount console to floor.
3) Could not find front bracket which looks almost identical to rear bracket from your pics, or SNB107's pics. I am guessing the bracket may be behind front part of my dash?
4) Is there a wiring harness i should order too? Would you know part number or have any info?

Anything you could help with would be great. You have helped alot already and because of your swap with SNB107 i was motivated enough to get the console to install.

Buzz
I have my front USB ports working now. $5 extension from amazon and they are good to go. The rear also powered up as well so I am all set. I have not tried the smaller USBs above the regular ones as I have no plug to test them with, but the regular USB ports are functional now. Link to usb extensions below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S6HKR1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buzz

Reaction score
rlc2020,
I received a console from a forum member here (goldeneeye) and am getting ready to take out my third row seat and install the console. I saw that you had done the swap already and i have read all the posts i could find. I just wanted to ask you if i had everything i might need.
1) I bought the $5 USB extension off ebay.
2) I ordered the rear bracket to mount console to floor.
3) Could not find front bracket which looks almost identical to rear bracket from your pics, or SNB107's pics. I am guessing the bracket may be behind front part of my dash?
4) Is there a wiring harness i should order too? Would you know part number or have any info?

Anything you could help with would be great. You have helped alot already and because of your swap with SNB107 i was motivated enough to get the console to install.

Buzz
HELP!! Anybody able to get a part number off the front bracket for a floor console or know the number?

Attachments

• console bracket pic 2.JPG
    console bracket pic 2.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 239

Omarsalas

Reaction score
Hey like the info you guys gave. I have a center console and would like to swap for the the 3rd seat if anybody’s interested. The dealership was stumped when I asked to purchase the whole seat.
I have a third seat and want to swap for a console let me know if you havnt found somebody to swap with

Marky Mark

Reaction score
HELP!! Anybody able to get a part number off the front bracket for a floor console or know the number?
Yes if anyone please can confirm front bracket part number. I have center console swap about to happen, and will need brackets. Rear ordered, but dealer still researching front one.

Or do we think it is in place already behind pull out drawer (on trucks with jump seat).

Buzz

Reaction score
front bracket is not installed if you have a jump seat.. I could not find the bracket and two dealers could not find it. I pulled everything apart to install console and there is no bracket. I put the install on hold until i could confirm wiring. I was having trouble confirming usb connections. Dealer could not find harness either.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Marky Mark, email me at [email protected] if you want to talk about install of console. I havent dont it yet but did have center seat pulled out, rear bracket installed and front bracket which i think was from 2018 that i was trying to get to work.
Thanks brother. My dealer found it after contacting the "specifier" at Chrysler. It came in today.

Part # 68291157AB

Attachments

• 20191107_122406.jpg
    20191107_122406.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 165

Buzz

Reaction score
Thanks brother. My dealer found it after contacting the "specifier" at Chrysler. It came in today.

Part # 68291157AB
Marky Mark, If you get your console USB's to work can you pass the info to me. That is the only thing holding up my console install. Appreciate it brother.

Last edited:

Buzz

Reaction score

RLC2020, When you installed your console did you use all 3 connectors coming from the dash to your new console? I know you said you used the USB extension. Pic attached shows my truck 3 connectors i have. Left connector is USB #2, Center is Aux. Jack, Right connector is USB #1. Did you cut these, use them all? Just trying to figure out how i will get my new console USB's to work. my truck plugs.jpg

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Marky Mark, email me at [email protected] if you want to talk about install of console. I havent dont it yet but did have center seat pulled out, rear bracket installed and front bracket which i think was from 2018 that i was trying to get to work.
Hey brother. Sent you an email.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Marky Mark, If you get your console USB's to work can you pass the info to me. That is the only thing holding up my console install. Appreciate it brother.
Will do brother. We are in full swing as I type this. LOL

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Just use USB extension brother as @rlc2020 mentioned. We are good as of this post as we just got back from Best Buy with one. Everything works front and rear.

And we just unwrapped harness and it reached to connect to console hookup, so you can ignore my email.

Big thanks to RLC2020 and Buzz. We in there!

***Big Note*** Unless you are swapping with someone....I bought my center console off eBay..So the carpet is NOT an issue since I had jump seat already. Expensive mistake as I figured I needed front carpets and had ordered through dealer already. #Yikes But I have listed my center jump seat with carpet for sale cheap (link below), and will have brand new front carpets to go with it for person buying it.

Last edited:

Buzz

Reaction score
Just use USB extension brother as @rlc2020 mentioned. We are good as of this post as we just got back from Best Buy with one. Everything works front and rear.

And we just unwrapped harness and it reached to connect to console hookup, so you can ignore my email.

Big thanks to RLC2020 and Buzz. We in there!

***Big Note*** Unless you are swapping with someone....I bought my center console off eBay..So the carpet is NOT an issue since I had jump seat already. Expensive mistake as I figured I needed front carpets and had ordered through dealer already. #Yikes But I have listed my center jump seat with carpet for sale cheap (link below), and will have brand new front carpets to go with it for person buying it.

Great news Marky Mark! I sent you an email too.

Users who are viewing this thread