5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console conversion?

Deven.perry

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Black Interior Laramie if anyone is interested in a swap. I live in Texas and don’t mind driving to meet and do the swap.

rsachek

Reaction score
Did you end up using the big plug on the far right? I couldn’t find anywhere to plug it into so I did not. I only used the H connector that had to be unwrapped from the harness and I used the USB that was with it as well then only used the gray usb for the other. I fired it up and all the USBs and car play work but have not tried the CD player ( which I assume comes from the H connector since it was the only wire going to my seat where my old CD player was) . Also the 110 outlet does not work but I did not have a 110 outlet Before with my bench seat so I’m assuming I would need an investor to make it wor
RLC2020, When you installed your console did you use all 3 connectors coming from the dash to your new console? I know you said you used the USB extension. Pic attached shows my truck 3 connectors i have. Left connector is USB #2, Center is Aux. Jack, Right connector is USB #1. Did you cut these, use them all? Just trying to figure out how i will get my new console USB's to work. View attachment 39547
I'm also looking for an answer to this question. It seems like everybody uses usb extension cables for the left and center connectors, but no mention is ever made of what happens to the larger grey/red plug. Is it just abandoned in the dash?

Sbjoe93

Reaction score
The dealer quote was around 3k but I took the parts list and can get everything for about 1800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have the list of past needed to swap to a center console still by chance?

Rotornut

Reaction score
I made a step by step how to with part number and prices for converting from a jump seat to center console. I noticed some of the earlier posts or pics were removed or I couldn't find so I made this guide with information I wanted to know before I started on this swap. Let me know if this helps

Attachments

• Ram seat to console conversion1 - Copy.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 121

Rotornut

Reaction score
I'm also looking for an answer to this question. It seems like everybody uses usb extension cables for the left and center connectors, but no mention is ever made of what happens to the larger grey/red plug. Is it just abandoned in the dash?
I just abandoned it in the dash, there is a power connector on the harness that is on the center console and that one is powered as well

Rotornut

Reaction score
Do you have the list of past needed to swap to a center console still by chance?
I made a parts list and prices for my conversion with links, the attachment is in this post

Sbjoe93

Reaction score
I made a step by step how to with part number and prices for converting from a jump seat to center console. I noticed some of the earlier posts or pics were removed or I couldn't find so I made this guide with information I wanted to know before I started on this swap. Let me know if this helps
Quick question. I don’t currently have the 110 power outlet but want to have one. Other then getting console with the plug there. What else would I need if you would know?

Thank you

Rotornut

Reaction score
Quick question. I don’t currently have the 110 power outlet but want to have one. Other then getting console with the plug there. What else would I need if you would know?

Thank you
I'm not sure what all variations the wire harness will have, but the connector that powers the outlet look like the attached images. It should be on the harness that is in the dash and/or on the harness that goes on the center console. If they don't have that connector then the easiest thing would be to get a harness that has them on it and you can get a power outlet from the websites I used to get the hardware, there is one listed here

Attachments

• IMG_20220514_160826453_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20220514_160826453_HDR - Copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220514_160831996_HDR - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20220514_160831996_HDR - Copy.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reaction score
Another swap completed. Bench to console. Thanks to the members of this awesome forum that helped out with this little project.

You are all, MAKING RAM GREAT AGAIN
What wire harness did you need to get the usb and 115 working

Rotornut

Reaction score
I’m swapping to a console from jump seat on my 2019 1500 Laramie. What harness do I need, the big black one won’t reach
Take a look at this presentation, I have a 2019 Laramie as well and did the same swap. What I did for the harness is laid out in there, but I ended up getting some USB extensions. I have links to everything I used in there as well

Users who are viewing this thread