5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEL at 1,093 miles

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You should invest in a cheap OBD reader...they are like $20 on Amazon. Keep us posted on what they find!

Reaction score
I have one and may look at in the morning. It was late afternoon when I went to drive it, took the other vehicle instead and dark when I got home.

I'm correct in assuming that if I connect it to the port, it won't clear any codes unless I force it to, right? I've only used it twice I think, both times to install a tune on an F-150.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have one and may look at in the morning. It was late afternoon when I went to drive it, took the other vehicle instead and dark when I got home.

I'm correct in assuming that if I connect it to the port, it won't clear any codes unless I force it to, right? I've only used it twice I think, both times to install a tune on an F-150.
You can read and not reset...totally up to you which buttons you press ;)

PM-Performance

Reaction score
The $20 ones might not even reset it. Mine didn’t.
I wouldn’t sweat it if the vehicle is driving fine. If it’s serious enough, you will know.
Winter time, vehicles tend to be more sensitive with fuel trims and pop cels.
Mine came on with 77 miles on the truck.

xspeedy

Reaction score
The most common cause of a CEL is a loose gas cap. Check the code, but if it looks like evap, then reseat the cap and clear the code to see if it returns.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You cut your honeymoon short for a CEL? :LOL:
Just go, have fun and and take care of it later, It's just a CEL.........
People drive with CEL for years :D

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You may also get a message pop up in the cluster each time you start the vehicle. Also, go to the messages screen and see if there's a message there.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044934 miles.

Reaction score
You may also get a message pop up in the cluster each time you start the vehicle. Also, go to the messages screen and see if there's a message there.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044934 miles.

Thanks, no messages, but I wouldn't have know to go look without the advice

Reaction score
Looks like it's gonna be squirrels and dumplings around here the next couple of weeks. I shot one yesterday, have gotten three chipmunks this year, never see any mice, but come Sunday, tell all your rodent buddies to find someplace else to hang out.

IMG_2943.jpg

image_1.jpg

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like it's gonna be squirrels and dumplings around here the next couple of weeks. I shot one yesterday, have gotten three chipmunks this year, never see any mice, but come Sunday, tell all your rodent buddies to find someplace else to hang out.

View attachment 78707

View attachment 78708
I don't know why, but most members of the rodent family apparently like the taste of wire insulation. My ex-father-in-law had a house fire because squirrels eat through some Romex. The squirrel, fortunately, sacrificed himself for the meal.

Mice like to make nests in things like air filter boxes, too!

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 044959 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread