5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CDT Audio center channel speaker

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to CDT Audio today about swapping out the center channel on my Alpine system to one of their 3” speakers. They suggested the ES-03DVC, which (on paper) looks like a great solution. The only thing they couldn’t tell me was whether the depth of the speaker fits the space in the dash. Below are the mounting specs and a link. Does anybody know if this speaker will work without cutting brackets in the dash because of the depth?

Specs:
  • Mounting depth: 1.69”(43mm)
  • Cut-out diameter: 2.90” (73.7mm)
  • Cast frame: OD 3.70” (94mm)

Ldc2335

Reaction score
They are about the same depth as the infinity (36.5mm) that for sure fit, so I don't see why not.

I don't remember it coming close when I installed the infinity. Worst case, a strip of foam gasket or a washer would get you there.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
c4da50aee1d24a1385c814205344c8fc.jpg

Last edited:

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Looking at them more, I'd be more worried about the mounting points. Stock speaker and infinity have tabs sticking out and the CDT do not.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at them more, I'd be more worried about the mounting points. Stock speaker and infinity have tabs sticking out and the CDT do not.

That’s a really good catch, I was so concerned about mounting depth that I didn’t notice that. That means I have to at a minimum fab some ears. I don’t think it’ll be that easy though, so I guess I will have to pull the stock speaker and do some measuring.

CRAIG4FSU

Reaction score
That’s a really good catch, I was so concerned about mounting depth that I didn’t notice that. That means I have to at a minimum fab some ears. I don’t think it’ll be that easy though, so I guess I will have to pull the stock speaker and do some measuring.
What'd you end up with?

Users who are viewing this thread