5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CD Player for 2022 Ram 1500?

Bonsaihorn

Reaction score
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the factory CD Player is not going to work on a 2022 with UC5. The CD Player will not show up in the media sources on UC5 radios after it’s enabled with AlfaOBD.

That's quitter mentality :D But guess I'll be salvaging a UC4 somewhere!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's quitter mentality :D But guess I'll be salvaging a UC4 somewhere!

So just offering a couple thoughts:

Does the OEM drive mechanism have analog audio outputs? If so, you could patch it into the radio's aux input. Like some other solutions, that won't give you artist/album/title display, but maybe you could shove a disk in and play. Or would you need a play/pause button? Dunno, but we haven't exhausted all the possibilities yet...

I was sort of looking at the Brennan B2 for awhile, thought maybe I could scrap the built-in amplifier and convert the rest to 12V power.

LonnieB56

Reaction score
So I have a new 2022 truck with the 8.4" nav radio, and they didn't offer CD player as an option.
But I have a lot of CD's...

Looking through various online parts diagrams, I see that there was a CD player in previous years.
And the official ramtrucks parts site says this part "will fit" my truck. Okay we all know enough to take
*that* with a grain of salt, right?

but...

Does anyone know, if I can figure out all the part numbers, and get the CD player and associated wiring,
and the right console pieces ..... will the radio recognize and work with the CD player?
Or have they written it out of the radio firmware?
Do I need to look for something to plug into Aux instead?
Or bluetooth, like the Brennan, maybe?

- Rick
I bought a plug in and play deck and works great on my 22

Users who are viewing this thread