5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 1500 with Hurricane Twin-Turbo Power!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 1500 with Hurricane Twin-Turbo Power!​

Revised Interior, Exterior, Powertrains, and Tech Are Coming...​

1684190114820.png

Over five years have passed since the fifth-generation Ram 1500 (DT) pickup was introduced at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Michigan. This iteration of the Ram has been immensely successful for both the Ram brand and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), now known as Stellantis. However, it is now due for a mid-cycle action (MCA) or refresh.

23abtteriens

Reaction score

CAUGHT: 2025 Ram 1500 with Hurricane Twin-Turbo Power!​

Revised Interior, Exterior, Powertrains, and Tech Are Coming...​

View attachment 158801

Over five years have passed since the fifth-generation Ram 1500 (DT) pickup was introduced at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Michigan. This iteration of the Ram has been immensely successful for both the Ram brand and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), now known as Stellantis. However, it is now due for a mid-cycle action (MCA) or refresh.

Top notch

trainman

Reaction score
I'd like to see more Grand Waggoneers with this engine on YouTube in both HP engines. I hate to give up my Ram with the 5.7, but I think I could be persuaded to change with good results on testing over the next six months or so. Since its probably going to be the future engine for the Ram 1500, we probably don't have anywhere else to turn to. I just hope it's priced the same as the 5.7 Hemi is today, too many more thousands could really hurt sales of the 3.0 6cyl. Hurricane.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2025 Ram with the new engine will be worth a look for me. The only thing I was hoping for was turning the infotainment screen to landscape from portrait. Both my Ford and GM screens have been landscape after selling the 2019 Ram I had. I much prefer the landscape orientation. But, other than that, I'll still check one out.

Roughhide99

Reaction score
I'd like to see more Grand Waggoneers with this engine on YouTube in both HP engines. I hate to give up my Ram with the 5.7, but I think I could be persuaded to change with good results on testing over the next six months or so. Since its probably going to be the future engine for the Ram 1500, we probably don't have anywhere else to turn to. I just hope it's priced the same as the 5.7 Hemi is today, too many more thousands could really hurt sales of the 3.0 6cyl. Hurricane.
And fuel mileage better improve! If not what the hell is the purpose of switching to a 6cyl.?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And fuel mileage better improve! If not what the hell is the purpose of switching to a 6cyl.?
They're saying, and this is with a healthy dose of "I'll believe it when I drive it", up to 23 city/32 highway.

EDIT: This is wrong, don't listen to me. Saw the diesel numbers by accident after looking for I6 numbers.

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They're saying, and this is with a healthy dose of "I'll believe it when I drive it", up to 23 city/32 highway.
Where did you see those numbers? The Jeep Wagooner with the standard output Hurricane is rated at 17/24. It’s curb weight is about 7% higher than a 1500, but I can’t imagine the Ram getting 6-8 MPG better than the Wagoneer.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you see those numbers? The Jeep Wagooner with the standard output Hurricane is rated at 17/24. It’s curb weight is about 7% higher than a 1500, but I can’t imagine the Ram getting 6-8 MPG better than the Wagoneer.
would have to be a hybrid version although hybrids don't usually do much with highway mpg.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wagoneer 5.7 vs grand wagoneer hurricane.

I the above testing the hurricane is quicker. But the mpg gains were not there.

For me at least, it's not about top speed when you drive the snot out of it. How does it feel with initial throttle tip-in, driving in the city, pulling a trailer - v8's have lots of grunt off the line, that's where my engine lives. They're also very smooth, linear and predictable, and don't mind towing for days on end.

Lots of unknowns with these tiny whizz bangers, but hey that won't stop many from gushing over the absolute most useless metric in a truck: 0 to 60.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Hurricane even the standard output seem to have good low end torque from most of the reviews I've scene.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope my bad stumbled on the diesel numbers and hadn't had coffee yet. Updated my post.

Av1

Reaction score
I'm curious what the installed weight difference is between the Hurricane engines and the Hemi engines in both the standard 1500 and the TRX.

It may have been discussed previously, but I don't remember seeing the data.

Users who are viewing this thread