5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2021 Jeep Wagoneer Mule Tow Testing In Death Valley:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CAUGHT: 2021 Jeep Wagoneer Mule Tow Testing In Death Valley:
Jeep's New Full-Size SUV, Coming Along...

Grand_Wagoneer_Mule_001.jpg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Getting closer. Anxious to see just how this really turns out. Still miss my Ramcharger...would love to see a 2500 4 door extended rear cargo area Ram, Dodge, or Jeep.

But just glad to see something to compete with ford and chevy in this market.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've really been wanting Ram to make a full size truck based SUV to compete with the likes of the Tahoe and Expedition. I liked the Tahoe form factor, but I really like my truck (First FCA product for me). Nice to see that there may be an option in the not-too-distant future, even if it is a Jeep branded product.

Last edited:

tdager

Reaction score
What am I missing here, it looks like a RAM truck?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What am I missing here, it looks like a RAM truck?
It is a test mule. The "rollbar" simulates the rigidity of a roof. Look and you will see that it is a wheelbase the size of a quad cab with 5'7 bed which isn't in production...

They are used to test without building the real vehicle and to hide in plain site.

kblast523

Reaction score
It is a test mule. The "rollbar" simulates the rigidity of a roof. Look and you will see that it is a wheelbase the size of a quad cab with 5'7 bed which isn't in production...

They are used to test without building the real vehicle and to hide in plain site.
When living in Laredo and San Antonio, Texas circa 1985-1993 there were several 'test mules' running up and down I-35 any time of the day or night. I stopped and talked to one 'driver' (actually an engineer) and he was driving a car that was homuglated so severely one could barely tell what it was. In all actuality, it was a 1988 Eagle Premier with the driveline from what would become the Dodge Intrepid. No interior, no trim, just LOTS of data collection equipment. In 1990 I got to see what would be a 1993 Eagle Premier and Dodge Intrepid. One was equipped with the 3.3L pushrod v-6, the other with a 3.5L SOHC v-6. By the time I saw one of them the last time in Von Ormy it had over 250k miles on it, in 1992. They all test in plain site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread