5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven VS MBRP direct fit muffler?

Twampnina

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Carven cut & clamp Competitor Series (CR1012) OR the MBRP XP Series High Flow Replacement Muffler (S5143409)
Which one is louder?
Want to find a muffler replacement that is not obnoxiously loud and won't drone so much since I use my RAM on a daily basis and for road trips

Carven Link
https://carvenexhaust.com/collectio...muffler-replacement-kit-the-competitor-series

MBRP Link

AyoungBighorn

Reaction score
Following I am looking for something similar and was looking at both as well

Josh405

Reaction score
I have the MBRP high flow. I am assuming you have the factory duals like I do. I left the resonators on both tail pipes. I really like the sound quiet enough while cruising and towing yet aggressive when you dig into it. No experience with the carven, but hopefully this helps some. Your daughter would not mind it at all I wouldn’t think.

mlb128

Reaction score
I’m in the market as well really hard to decide both seem like they are well built.

Skg74

Reaction score
I went with the carven and like it. The reason being carven had better grade stainless.

blacksheep37

Reaction score
I just had to say that I opened this thread after reading it as "Karen vs MBRP" and really wanted to read the story about that. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm glad you're happy with your decision.

Skg74

Reaction score
I just had to say that I opened this thread after reading it as "Karen vs MBRP" and really wanted to read the story about that. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm glad you're happy with your decision.
Disappointed in the carven?

Users who are viewing this thread