5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Exhaust - Weep Holes

TristanS

Reaction score
So I recently got a Carven 941 muffler installed and it sounds great. Loud when you hit the throttle, quiet when cruising and little to no drone only when the MDS is on.

The problem is there is this exhaust leak sound that I absolutely hate. I did some research and I found it had to do with Weep holes at the resonators and a lot of people plug them but here's my question,

They're there for a reason. If I plug them, what might go wrong here? I keep hearing rust is an issue. Can you guys help me out!

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
they are there to allow any condensation out and prevent the resonators from rusting over time. i had mine plugged on my old truck cause i couldnt stand the paper bag noise. i am sure over a very long time, it will rust, but id say plug em up or get aftermarket resonators

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I literally asked the same question not too long ago. They are there for a reason, that is true. Condensation builds up and that's just a precaution to help it escape the pipes. The research I've done tells me that these engines run hot enough that by the time you park most of what's in there should be dry. The issues that could arise would be not running the truck long enough to heat up, i.e. jumping in it and running to the store and back within 10 mins. But even then it would take quite a long time for rust to set in assuming you're not driving as stated in my example 90% of the time. I've read it's more of a problem in colder environments so I guess I'll be the guinea pig for how much of a problem it really is as where I live winter lasts from October to mid April.

My opinion? I say plug em. That leaky sound isn't something I could live with personally.

Lucas Jackson

Reaction score
Good information!!!!!! I just got my truck last week and it came with this exhaust..... I too love the sound, but thought I had an exhaust leak!!!!!

Where are these holes?? I’ll plug mine up with JB as well.

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Good information!!!!!! I just got my truck last week and it came with this exhaust..... I too love the sound, but thought I had an exhaust leak!!!!!

Should be located on the front / back of the muffler itself

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

on the front and back of the resonators.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score

What @gHiDoRa said. 4 total on each resonator. 2 front 2 back. I used high heat epoxy putty myself.

Users who are viewing this thread