5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Exhaust is coming soon

M

Mdegen93

yes, the tips that come with the kit aren't the same ones we sell as direct replacement ones. the only black tips NOT leaving yet, were the ones that were installing JUST the tips. they mount up to the factory tail pipe section. where as the 2019 cat back kit we produce, has different fittings on the end for ease of installation. Same tips, different mounting neck/hardware.
Awesome, thanks for getting back to me

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol wait a second , because we didn’t buy the whole exhaust we get put on the back burner. :)

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
Lol wait a second , because we didn’t buy the whole exhaust we get put on the back burner. :)

lol no not at all. Ceramic coating is outsourced, I have no control over that process. the cat back kit tips and direct replacements were sent out at different dates/times.

Grimeyspecv

Reaction score
How long is the wait for the catback with black tips if ordered say by the end of the week?

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
How long is the wait for the catback with black tips if ordered say by the end of the week?
We have the catbacks with black tips available now. They’re ready to ship.

It’s the direct replacement tips with the factory/oem exhaust pipe fitting for the folks just wanting to put the five inch tips on their factory exhaust, that we don’t have back from ceramic.

Grimeyspecv

Reaction score
We have the catbacks with black tips available now. They’re ready to ship.

It’s the direct replacement tips with the factory/oem exhaust pipe fitting for the folks just wanting to put the five inch tips on their factory exhaust, that we don’t have back from ceramic.
Great! I noticed your site shows them as backorderd

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^^ Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, as all I want is a single set of BLACK 5” tips, is that ever going to happen for meeeeeeeeee lol.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Just got the Carven catback competitor system installed. Wow! It sounds better than expected. Real deep tone to it, which I like.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. That is great to hear ( no pun intended ) and I’m hopeful to have my tips delivered to me soon. :)

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^. That is great to hear ( no pun intended ) and I’m hopeful to have my tips delivered to me soon. :)
Great news about your new system.

@PorBoy Didn’t you plan to cancel/exchange the tips to buy the catback? Or undecided?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m actually going to keep the black tips, I want to hear what the Progressive sounds like first. Yes I know folks are saying the Competition is fine and I e heard it on YouTube, but I want to hear the other before I buy the full catback.

sgk

Reaction score
When you find a link to hear the progressive be sure to share it, I want to hear it also as the competitor is a bit too loud for my liking.
Thanks

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I might put a video up tomorrow of how it sounds. Right now its raining.
Compared to my old Borla S-Type catback on the '12 5.0 Mustang....this Carven Competitor is louder and you can hear it in the cab easily. I would say around 45-50 cruising, and 60 mph range are the quiet spots. However, you will be hearing it most of the time, which is why I went competitor.
I did pickup on the MDS system when it engages. It is a slightly different note, but still deep and not raspy at all.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m sure for most the Competitor will be the go to exhaust, but I don’t want mine that loud.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the Progressive or is that NOT the popular way most are going ?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Perfect, I’m really looking forward to adding black tips to the rear as to “ tie in “ the look that I am going for. I’m still on the fence about getting a full catback as I really want the sound without having “ THE SOUND “ lol.

Users who are viewing this thread