5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Exhaust is coming soon

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I've been contemplating a muffler delete or a direct for muffler swap. Haven't found one yet but I've been looking. I'm looking for great sound but no MDS drone.

I going to have to look for YouTube clips of this in gen 4

DSOOBY

Reaction score
No matter what anyone tells you, the MDS will drone with any exhaust, on 4th gen it even droned with stock exhaust, 5th gen is only neutralized from the frame shakers that cancel out the vibrations and active noise canceling. The key is how much are you willing to tolerate. The quieter the exhaust, the less drone. That being said, I had a Magnaflow 18 on my 4th gen and found it to be the right balance between loudness and everyday comfort. Check those out as well.

Carven is definitely going to be louder and thus have more of a drone effect, but damn it sounds good.

Reaction score
I had a muffler delete on my 2010 (then went to a cutout), and had one on my 2016. The drone wasn't bad on the '10 (5 speed, 3.55 gears). The '16 (8 spd, 3.55 gears) - it was more pronounced. Both where tuned......so no MDS. In MDS mode they sounded like crap!

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I had a 16 Charger Scatpack and to me that was the best soundings stock exhaust I've personally owned. Maybe if I find one and lock in active...I never noticed drone with it. My Jeep SRT I noticed drone for the first time since I hadn't drove it for a couple weeks...but that stock exhaust is way tamer then the charger was.

I seen a bunch of videos of people loving carven sound but then said it was too loud for them.

I am considered an electric cutout. It seems to be the best of both worlds

Ram19Va

Reaction score
"The design of the exhaust and components is all new for the 2019 models across the board. We are in the redesign phase as we speak but can not officialize anything until our 2019 ram rebel is delivered to us. Stay posted to social media and I will post as much as I can once we have the trucking our hands"

An e-mail from their director of marketing when I inquired whether the '18 exhaust would fit the '19's, which it won't. Looking forward to getting it for the Rebel. Thats from July 10'th.

768mph

Reaction score
I've been contemplating a muffler delete or a direct for muffler swap. Haven't found one yet but I've been looking. I'm looking for great sound but no MDS drone.

I going to have to look for YouTube clips of this in gen 4

Black Widow 300 muffler. Add a Y pipe.
Had that on my 16 Ram Sport. No hwy or MDS drone.

I have Black Widow Race Venoms on my 2018 Charger 392, again without drone. MDS only noticeable when going uphill, with load while it switches from MDS to V8. Even then, my wife and son don’t seem to notice. But I do.

jamesfg

Reaction score
On my '18 392 Daytona I pitched the stock mufflers in favor of the Dynomax mini bullets and did the active exhaust bypass. Even in 4 cylinder mode, no drone. On my '15 Charger R/T w/a 5.7 I pitched those for Borla Atak mufflers from my 5th gen Camaro and no drone either. So I'm contemplating going either route on the Rebel.

jamesfg

Reaction score
If they keep the price point right around 5 bills, I'll give it a solid consideration. As with anything for our trucks, it's the waiting game that's kiling me

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a bit disappointed to see they didn't have any full catback options as that is what I was really wanting to go with. Already have a Super 10 for now so I'm not riding stock, but will for sure be looking to upgrade it.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Black Widow 300 muffler. Add a Y pipe.
Had that on my 16 Ram Sport. No hwy or MDS drone.

I have Black Widow Race Venoms on my 2018 Charger 392, again without drone. MDS only noticeable when going uphill, with load while it switches from MDS to V8. Even then, my wife and son don’t seem to notice. But I do.
Do you on the off chance have a YouTube clips? If it's holding up on a 6.4 I suppose the 5.7 shouldn't have any issues.

I am a bit disappointed to see they didn't have any full catback options as that is what I was really wanting to go with. Already have a Super 10 for now so I'm not riding stock, but will for sure be looking to upgrade it.
I just seen I believe a cat back AFE pop up on carid that reportedly fits for a 19 RAM. I didn't even know afe made exhaust though...

DSOOBY

Reaction score
1533241341209.png

Your wish has been granted!

768mph

Reaction score
Do you on the off chance have a YouTube clips? If it's holding up on a 6.4 I suppose the 5.7 shouldn't have any issues.

I just seen I believe a cat back AFE pop up on carid that reportedly fits for a 19 RAM. I didn't even know afe made exhaust though...

Users who are viewing this thread