5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Exhaust is coming soon

Grimeyspecv

Reaction score
Im hoping it shows up Monday. The tracking info haven’t changed since Monday. Still says the shipping label has been printed but not picked up by fedex yet. I’ll share when I get it installed.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll have to see exactly how much our oem system weighs. Supposedly the dealership in the next town is doing a catback for someone, so I’ll see if they are willing to weigh the one they take off. Also I have to wonder if the oem One comes off in one piece.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll have to see exactly how much our oem system weighs. Supposedly the dealership in the next town is doing a catback for someone, so I’ll see if they are willing to weigh the one they take off. Also I have to wonder if the oem One comes off in one piece.
@Carven Exhaust said the new catback from Carven is lighter. They were going to weigh the old system for us but I haven’t seen the numbers yet.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I know when I pulled the one from my 4th gen, it was like I had graduated from Jenny Craig lol.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
45lbs estimated I think is what my Fedex said. That Competitor catback is really loud. To the point I don't want it any louder lol.

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
@Carven Exhaust said the new catback from Carven is lighter. They were going to weigh the old system for us but I haven’t seen the numbers yet.

ill go put them on our scales and compare the two right now. I apologize for all the delays guys, I am doing the best I can. In the midst of expanding and hired more staff this week. Anything you guys need ill do what I can.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Interested in hearing the main difference between your Competitor and the Progressive. I’m feeling the Progressive is more so for those of us who only want to hear it when we “ pounce “ on it. I may be wrong in that though. :)

BEEF

Reaction score
ill go put them on our scales and compare the two right now. I apologize for all the delays guys, I am doing the best I can. In the midst of expanding and hired more staff this week. Anything you guys need ill do what I can.
I just joined this site and have a 1 week old Blacked out Laramie. Why does everyone seem to prefer the Carven system? What is the group purchase price? I’m looking for a very aggressive sound. Thanks for the insight folks!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Th
I just joined this site and have a 1 week old Blacked out Laramie. Why does everyone seem to prefer the Carven system? What is the group purchase price? I’m looking for a very aggressive sound. Thanks for the insight folks!
Then the Carven is what you want. The Competitor is loud and aggressive, but very clean sounding. I've had mine on for two or three weeks and absolutely love it.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the Carven specific forum there is a 15% deal going on

Big Frank

Reaction score
I plan on installing an exhaust from Carven on my 2019 Ram 1500 limited and I'm hoping it will sound as good if not better then my last muffler which was a Flowmaster super 10. I was hoping someone could help with a question I have. Would it make a difference if I just replaced the stock muffler with a Carven muffler and deleted the resonators compared to getting the full Carven catback? Any difference it performance or sound?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan on installing an exhaust from Carven on my 2019 Ram 1500 limited and I'm hoping it will sound as good if not better then my last muffler which was a Flowmaster super 10. I was hoping someone could help with a question I have. Would it make a difference if I just replaced the stock muffler with a Carven muffler and deleted the resonators compared to getting the full Carven catback? Any difference it performance or sound?
If you are going to do all that, why not just go catback? Better than having welds in place from deleting the resonators. I'm sure it would sound good, but probably not the same as the full catback system. Also, they will not have a direct bolt on muffler for our trucks.

Big Frank

Reaction score
If you are going to do all that, why not just go catback? Better than having welds in place from deleting the resonators. I'm sure it would sound good, but probably not the same as the full catback system. Also, they will not have a direct bolt on muffler for our trucks.
Awsome thanks for responding. Looks like I'll be purchasing the full catback

Users who are viewing this thread