5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven, Etorq, No Fitment, Bad Cust Service

Chris

Reaction score
Try calling Carven and speaking to someone else; if it turns out their rep did make a mistake, that is your best avenue to at least get some kind of compensation.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
I had issues with my kit. Carven was great to deal with. Call them ask to speak with Ryan.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got emails from him and another, they both claim the same thing. It’s not made for etorque version of the hemi and that the website doesn’t offer that as an option.

I think I’m past the phase where anyone is going to do anything about it, just trying to help some of you whom might encounter this same scenario.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder based upon that if they will specifically indicate on their site that it is NOT for the etorque motors ?

Mgrandysr

Reaction score
Just curious, based on the fact someone fit it on their entourage without a problem , but could they have sent you the wrong part number. Did you check your receipt to see that they actually sent the right one. Sounds to me like they sent the wrong part and if that’s the case and the rep couldn’t or didn’t take the time to help you figure it out then that’s on them. If you used a shop that works with them they should have tried to help as well. IMO customer service is the most important thing next to product.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea it was the right number. It looked like it would be correct, like from what I could tell you could connect all the pipes but the only way to do that would force the tip off into the side of the bumper opening really hard. We were looking at it together at the shop, but it for sure wasn’t going together without modifications.

according to them it’s a completely different engine choice. Their words, not mine. 5.7 hemi is a different engine option than the 5.7 hemi etorque.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Yea it was the right number. It looked like it would be correct, like from what I could tell you could connect all the pipes but the only way to do that would force the tip off into the side of the bumper opening really hard. We were looking at it together at the shop, but it for sure wasn’t going together without modifications.

according to them it’s a completely different engine choice. Their words, not mine. 5.7 hemi is a different engine option than the 5.7 hemi etorque.

It's the SAME engine. One has an alternator and one has a computer where the alternator would be....

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Not if you are Carven exhaust.

They only offer one exhaust system for 2019 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi, it comes with either black tips or polished tips. This is the same for every mfg. There are different systems if you have an eco diesel, but only one for a hemi. Check their website.
You may have had a messed up bent pipe, the lack of patience to adjust the piping, or an exhaust shop eager to tell you there was a problem so they could charge you more to "fix it". Either way if there was a problem then you my friend are the only person who has had a problem.
I'm done beating this horse....

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then stop replying. You’re missing the point or don’t care that they won’t even acknowledge they screwed up AND that they may or may not be bold faced lying about the kit not working on etorque models because they are different.

It’s bigger than just me, they need to adjust their product description and let people know it doesn’t work or admit they lied. Because only one of these can be true.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then stop replying. You’re missing the point or don’t care that they won’t even acknowledge they screwed up AND that they may or may not be bold faced lying about the kit not working on etorque models because they are different.

It’s bigger than just me, they need to adjust their product description and let people know it doesn’t work or admit they lied. Because only one of these can be true.
I'm with you. Either they lied about the fitment with eTorque (sounds like it) or they failed to make it clear that, although the factory and every other catback maker offers a single part# for all '19 Hemi's, they are somehow unique.

My money is on them lying.

CouchAssault

Reaction score
@Carven Exhaust

care to share why your exhaust differs from all other cat backs, in that it's not compatible with e-torque?

Also why is this not stated on your site? This seems like it would open up a situation that would cause massive customer dissatisfaction...

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talked with moes today about this, great as always. He agreed with some of you, he thinks they are confused about the term “etorque”. He was going to follow up with them so we will see what happens.

He did again state there is no difference in the two engines in terms of exhaust.

He said they have sold quite a few of these kits (Carven) and had no issues so they should fit your etorque trucks just fine.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
To put it simply, there was a bad batch of bends in the early production of their catback system, it sounds like you ended up with one of those kits. Several members here had issues and Carven made it right and sent them new sections of pipe to make it fit right, happy customers. Your mistake was going to an exhaust shop to have it " fixed", which is solely on you and you alone, not Carven. If you had some patience to contact them before hand, you would have gotten new piping to fix the fitment issue.

As for customer service, you can't expect the customer service people of a company to know every detail about every model/ engine configuration. They have to know something about many different offering, you have to know one. This has been echoed here before where they mixed up the terminology of eco(diesel) and e-torque. I'm sure this isn't the first time you have dealt with a clueless customer service rep, regardless the industry, I know I run into it with half the time I have to call.

Quit throwing a good company under the bus by begging them and pleading online for a refund for something that you were too impatient to deal with in a reasonable manner, as others who had the fitment issue did before you.

Last edited:

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
To put it simply, there was a bad batch of bends in the early production of their catback system, it sounds like you ended up with one of those kits. Several members here had issues and Carven made it right and sent them new sections of pipe to make it fit right, happy customers. Your mistake was going to an exhaust shop to have it " fixed", which is solely on you and you alone, not Carven. If you had some patience to contact them before hand, you would have gotten new piping to fix the fitment issue.

As for customer service, you can't expect the customer service people of a company to know every detail about every model/ engine configuration. They have to know something about many different offering, you have to know one. This has been echoed here before where they mixed up the terminology of eco(diesel) and e-torque. I'm sure this isn't the first time you have dealt with a clueless customer service rep, regardless the industry, I know I run into it with half the time I have to call.

Quit throwing a good company under the bus by begging them and pleading online for a refund for something that you were too impatient to deal with in a reasonable manner, as others who had the fitment issue did before you.

Exactly the case with me. Sent them a few pics of the issues I was having and with no questions asked I had new pipes on the way. problem solved

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You got a little brown on your nose there

I didn’t ask for a refund. Ever. I simply told them about the problem, and they gave me a bs answer and attitude about it. Would it have been nice? Sure. But instead of them telling me about production issues, they told me it didn’t fit etorque engines. And YES, I can expect a company to KNOW about the products they sell. It’s THEIR JOB to know about this, it’s not on the CUSTOMER to educate the sales and tech staff of a company. I even literally said “it’s the same motor”. But because their rep doesn’t care, he just ignores it instead of actually thinking about it.

There’s nothing crazy about having an exhaust put on at an exhaust shop.

You might want to reread the transaction. Nowhere did they say “we can’t help you because you went to a shop and modified the kit”. They said “we don’t sell eTorque exhaust”. BUT THEY DO.

And instead of having some fan boy make a comment, it would again be nice to see someone at carven actually be the one to say it.

And furthermore, they could STILL offer to send me the new tailpipe section so I can actually have the full catback. Having an exhaust shop do anything doesn’t change the fact that they sent me a bad product and refused to do anything about it now does it.

Some of you seem to be caught up on the short sighted portion where I paid someone, but can’t see the actual issue at hand.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called moes again. Called carven. Talked with them about this, we are now working on a solution, to at least see where the kit was off and if there are issues with them fitting certain combos. As well as some of my pieces could have been an old design.

They did apologize for the confusion upfront and stated they would like to help make things right where they can.

Progress...

Users who are viewing this thread