5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven Direct Fit Muffler

Wisco417

Reaction score
I have been looking for the same thing! Trying to decide between Carven Direct Fit and the B2 Magnaflow bolt on. Some of the video's I've seen the Mangaflow seems too quiet, but the Carven I've read is pretty loud. Really hoping to do it right the first time.

I have only seen one video of the Carven Direct Fit on youtube, and it was just a start up. This one:

Would you mind liking any others you have found? Thanks!

mhart88

Reaction score
I have been looking for the same thing! Trying to decide between Carven Direct Fit and the B2 Magnaflow bolt on. Some of the video's I've seen the Mangaflow seems too quiet, but the Carven I've read is pretty loud. Really hoping to do it right the first time.

I have only seen one video of the Carven Direct Fit on youtube, and it was just a start up. This one:

Would you mind liking any others you have found? Thanks!
Thanks for the video link! I have not seen that one yet. Wish he had more videos of it driving around.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry Magnaflow, Borla, and Flowmaster fans. Carven nailed it... best sounding mufflers/exhaust on the market.

Troy455

Reaction score
Installed a couple weeks ago. It’s NOT the same sound as the full exhaust system they 1st started selling. Now it’s not available on website. The cut clamp has a different sound. It’s deeper, not as high pitched. Sounds more like flow Master. Slightly disappointed as I wanted the same sound as full kit. I’ve replicated videos on YouTube placing phone in same place and again differs sound. Emailed their support and 1st question they asked was if it was a V8? Really?! Then they said it possibly might have a leak... when all clamps we tightened to specs and you can’t really mess it up.

Wisco417

Reaction score
Installed a couple weeks ago. It’s NOT the same sound as the full exhaust system they 1st started selling. Now it’s not available on website. The cut clamp has a different sound. It’s deeper, not as high pitched. Sounds more like flow Master. Slightly disappointed as I wanted the same sound as full kit. I’ve replicated videos on YouTube placing phone in same place and again differs sound. Emailed their support and 1st question they asked was if it was a V8? Really?! Then they said it possibly might have a leak... when all clamps we tightened to specs and you can’t really mess it up.
Installed mine on Friday. Ordered a week and a half ago (direct from Carven) I was a little on the fence between this and Magnaflow but the videos I could find of the MF it “seemed” a little too quiet. I’m satisfied with the Carven, a little louder than I maybe wanted, but thus far it doesn’t bother me. No plans to take it off.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Wisco417 ...you cannot go by what you "hear" via an online video. These mufflers and cat-backs sound nothing online versus in person. The Magnaflow B2 is nice and throaty at idle and sounds great when you hit the gas. Not too loud and not "quiet" at all. I am unaware of anyone that has the B2 that is unhappy with the result.

Wisco417

Reaction score
I don’t think I said I knew anyone that wasn’t happy with it... just that I might not have been. Which is why I went with the Carven and am glad I did.

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
guys with this set up hows the drone and highway manners? id assume leaving all the res on will keep it tame when you are out of the go pedal.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
@Wisco417 ...you cannot go by what you "hear" via an online video. These mufflers and cat-backs sound nothing online versus in person. The Magnaflow B2 is nice and throaty at idle and sounds great when you hit the gas. Not too loud and not "quiet" at all. I am unaware of anyone that has the B2 that is unhappy with the result.
You nailed it. So true.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
guys with this set up hows the drone and highway manners? id assume leaving all the res on will keep it tame when you are out of the go pedal.
The Magnaflow B2 install has ZERO drone and the factory resonators were left in place. Highway manners are excellent...not too loud and a nice and throaty sound when you decide to stomp on the pedal.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The Magnaflow B2 install has ZERO drone and the factory resonators were left in place. Highway manners are excellent...not too loud and a nice and throaty sound when you decide to stomp on the pedal.
I can attest to this. The only thing I notice is when MDS kicks in (changes to a deep base tone). I never did before with stock muffler. Slowly getting used to it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can attest to this. The only thing I notice is when MDS kicks in (changes to a deep base tone). I never did before with stock muffler. Slowly getting used to it.
@Neurobit ...same for me. What I do every time I get in the truck is hit the manual gear selector on the steering wheel and select (-8) and it never goes into MCDS mode so I never hear it.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
You may be able to save a lot of money by letting your local muffler shop do this vs buying a direct fit muffler. I did. My muffler shop installed the Magnaflow 11229 muffler on my 2019 Longhorn for $168. That included the muffler and installation. B2 Fabrication wants $275 for the same muffler and you have to do the work yourself. Plus the muffler shop welded mine in vs the clamps you would have to use with any direct fit muffler. You all do what you want but I decided to let a pro do the work and save over $100.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You may be able to save a lot of money by letting your local muffler shop do this vs buying a direct fit muffler. I did. My muffler shop installed the Magnaflow 11229 muffler on my 2019 Longhorn for $168. That included the muffler and installation. B2 Fabrication wants $275 for the same muffler and you have to do the work yourself. Plus the muffler shop welded mine in vs the clamps you would have to use with any direct fit muffler. You all do what you want but I decided to let a pro do the work and save over $100.
True. In my case, doing the work myself is half the fun. I enjoy the heck out of it.
For those that don't, then yeah. No brainer.

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
One could assume but every muffler is designed differently with differences in acoustic technologies. No guarantee but what's stopping you from going with the MF B2?
i kind of like the carven sound under load a little better... and this is the carven thread not the MF thread lol

Users who are viewing this thread