5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven cat back system

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
Well I no longer have anything Carven, yet I still never got the shirt that I was told to expect lol...
:LOL: damn they got you too
I thought they actually liked my money.

I could care less about the shirt but why lie about it??

Still loving the sound of the system just wish I could keep the passenger side tip centered.

Joker4L

Reaction score
I still have mine on, the driver side tip keeps coming out of alignment. Irritates the hell out of me but sounds too good to take off.

The clip they provided came off on mine so it didn't do the job. I ended up just using screw hose on clamp and a zip tie. Haven't had a issue since.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
:LOL: **** they got you too
I thought they actually liked my money.

I could care less about the shirt but why lie about it??

Still loving the sound of the system just wish I could keep the passenger side tip centered.

They got me too :LOL: they told me that I would receive a shirt with my package and extra decals but that didn't happen. Unfortunately the clamps for the exhaust tips didn't fit so they are supposedly sending me new clamps along with a shirt once again. However since the free shirt seems to never be fulfilled, I am not confident this will be anytime soon.

It should be noted that other than being misled about a shirt my experience with Carven hasn't been bad at all.

Last edited:

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
DECALS SHOULDVE BEEN IN ALL OF THE HAERDWARE KITS. THE TEE SHIRTS WERE ALL SET OUT AND WITH THE BOXES. YOU GUYS HAVE TO UNDERSTAND, IF YOU DONT SAY ANYTHING WE CANNOT FIX IT. WITH THAT BEIING SAID, I HAVE A NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR, HIS NAME IS BEN. PLEASE GIVE HIM A CALL AT THE SHOP. RELAY YOUR INFO, AND GET WHAT YOU WERE PROMISED. YOU GUYS HAVE TO UNDERSTABD THIS WAS THE FIRST GROUP BUY WEVE RAN, AND NOT ONLY THAT, I AM ONLY ONE PERSON HANDLING ALL OF EVERYONES SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES. I RUN ALL OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING, SALES, LOGISTICS AND NETWORKING FOR THE COMPANY. THERE IS 3 NEW EMPLOYEES WORKING UNDER MYSELF NOW HANDLING THE PACKING AND SHIPPING. I ASSURE YOU, THE MISTAKE WAS MADE DUE TO LACK OF KNOWLEGE OF THE SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE GROUP BUY. WE DONT JUST HAND OUT FREE MERCH TO EVERYONE. BUT ALSO, A PHONE CALL ADDRESSING THE ISSUE DIRECTLY TO US WOULD HELP IMMENSELY.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Like I said I'm a happy customer, not really hurt about the t-shirt but would be happy to get it. The exhaust is what I was worried about and it came in super fast, went on perfect minus the 2 clamps and even that didn't bother me. I called and y'all answered immediately and took care of everything. You still get my business. Keep up the hard work, although it might not look like it, it is appreciated.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not trying to complain. I love the exhaust. And as a matter of fact, when I got home today I had a package from Carven. New pipes with new hangers on them. Will get them swapped out soon.

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
I'm not trying to complain. I love the exhaust. And as a matter of fact, when I got home today I had a package from Carven. New pipes with new hangers on them. Will get them swapped out soon.
:unsure: wonder if mine will be here soon also.

baburntt

Reaction score
I like the sound clips of this exhaust but I would like to wait for the redesign to be available.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I recieved my T-Shirt and new clamps yesterday. Once again superfast delivery. I just spoke with them Friday about needing new clamps and I received them yesterday. Now Fed-ex delivered it to wrong house and allegedly it was delivered opened according to my neighbor but that's nothing Carven can control. That's Fed-exs F-up

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
Trying our best guys. I always put you guys first.
calvinjwilcox send over an email to [email protected]. lets run a search on where its at. I had my guys on top of it and I personally remember the name vividly. I will get it taken care of ASAP. (have another set up tail pipes sitting next to my desk right now for you just in case)

Grimeyspecv

Reaction score
I still have mine on, the driver side tip keeps coming out of alignment. Irritates the hell out of me but sounds too good to take off.
Mines the same. For the life of me I cant get the driver side to line up rights and when I get it close it loves the next time I drive it. Yes, I’ve cracked on the clamps. The passenger side lines up on but the pit sits about an once or so low.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mines the same. For the life of me I cant get the driver side to line up rights and when I get it close it loves the next time I drive it. Yes, I’ve cracked on the clamps. The passenger side lines up on but the pit sits about an once or so low.
Have you called them? They will send parts to replace. I recieved mine last week just haven't had a chance to put them on. The hangers should work much better.

Grimeyspecv

Reaction score
I
Have you called them? They will send parts to replace. I recieved mine last week just haven't had a chance to put them on. The hangers should work much better.
I haven’t. Last I saw they were working on new hangers. This is the first I’ve seen they have new ones available. I will though.

John

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Magnaflow cat-back, couple well placed hose clamps, problem solved!!!

John

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
Received my rear sections yesterday. For those wondering, I received 2 rear sections, 2 tips, and hardware.

For my purposes, the passenger side was the problem so I decided to replace it with the new redesigned section.

Went on great, lines up with the factory hanger perfectly. I like the idea of the washers and hose clamp. Seems like they considered many others “fixes” including my own to solve the issue.

The new tips that came in the box are different. The inlet size is bigger, hence the new clamps that are also bigger. I have no idea why the size change but doesn’t really bother me . Looks exactly the same as the “old.”

All in all, still not happy with it. It’s still crooked and does not center in the opening. There is no possible way that you can get the location of the washer in the “perfect” spot on the exhaust hanger each and every time. How do you measure for something like that, keep it consistent, and then expect that each kit that the end user installs is going to center perfectly? Not going to happen as is the case for me.

I ended up taking that new section off, putting the old one on, using the new washer off the new section and spacing it out just that much more centered it perfectly. I guess that’s all I needed. :unsure: So thanks Carven for the 38 day wait and scrap metal. Oh and you forgot my shirt and decal (y)

Moral of this disaster.....If you’re going to get a Carven Catback for your 5th gen, install it yourself, take it to a shop, have them center the rears, and weld a washer onto each hanger to keep it isolated. Each truck is going to be different. I paid my local shop $10 bucks and it took 5 minutes.

Also, Carvens customer service is atrocious at least in my experience. If you call them, email them, mail them, write a smoke message in the sky, don’t expect much feedback. (n)

Love that sound though!

Attachments

• D312B85B-0C3A-4225-BD50-74E6BF6D7DC5.jpeg
    D312B85B-0C3A-4225-BD50-74E6BF6D7DC5.jpeg
    706 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Grimeyspecv

Reaction score
Received my rear sections yesterday. For those wondering, I received 2 rear sections, 2 tips, and hardware.

For my purposes, the passenger side was the problem so I decided to replace it with the new redesigned section.

Went on great, lines up with the factory hanger perfectly. I like the idea of the washers and hose clamp. Seems like they considered many others “fixes” including my own to solve the issue.

The new tips that came in the box are different. The inlet size is bigger, hence the new clamps that are also bigger. I have no idea why the size change but doesn’t really bother me . Looks exactly the same as the “old.”

All in all, still not happy with it. It’s still crooked and does not center in the opening. There is no possible way that you can get the location of the washer in the “perfect” spot on the exhaust hanger each and every time. How do you measure for something like that, keep it consistent, and then expect that each kit that the end user installs is going to center perfectly? Not going to happen as is the case for me.

I ended up taking that new section off, putting the old one on, using the new washer off the new section and spacing it out just that much more centered it perfectly. I guess that’s all I needed. :unsure: So thanks Carven for the 38 day wait and scrap metal. Oh and you forgot my shirt and decal (y)

Moral of this disaster.....If you’re going to get a Carven Catback for your 5th gen, install it yourself, take it to a shop, have them center the rears, and weld a washer onto each hanger to keep it isolated. Each truck is going to be different. I paid my local shop $10 bucks and it took 5 minutes.

Also, Carvens customer service is atrocious at least in my experience. If you call them, email them, mail them, write a smoke message in the sky, don’t expect much feedback. (n)

Love that sound though!
Your tips look a hell of a lot better then mine do. My new pipes came in today.

Users who are viewing this thread