5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven cat back system

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
Installed Carven’s cat back system on my 2019 RAM 1500 today.

Install itself went very smooth, had the tips centered in the openings of the bumper, took it out for a drive, come back and the tips are crooked. Loosened everything, re-torqued, re-centered, and same result. I repeated this 3 times with the same results.

Yes I torqued everything correctly. All the hangers line up. Bends, cuts, EVERYTHING seems to line up.

Strange thing is....it’s almost as if the whole system is being pushed about 1/2” out....as in the tips are exactly where I want them prior to driving and after the short drive BOTH of them are pushed out....and off centered and crooked. How the hell does this happen if everything is tight????

I have no idea what to do. Has anyone had the same results???? Should I have all the joints welded? I was thinking that maybe this will keep everything from shifting. I’d really hate to spend time and money having everything welded only to end up with the same results.

What the hell.........

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems to be a common problem with this system. I've seen a few complaints here and on another forum. I have the Competitor cat back on my 2019 and have ran into the same issue. The passenger side tip is still in place but the driver side is out of alignment. I'll be taking it back to my exhaust shop in the next week or so and I'll have them put a few welds in to keep everything in place since I won't ever be removing it.

Agitated

Reaction score
Im still not sure what the attraction is to this brand. Sounds like an 80s chevy with poppy exhaust anyway. Youre not the first to complain about fitment. Looks like the hangers are the problem to me, the can slide back and forth in the rubber isolators

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
Seems to be a common problem with this system. I've seen a few complaints here and on another forum. I have the Competitor cat back on my 2019 and have ran into the same issue. The passenger side tip is still in place but the driver side is out of alignment. I'll be taking it back to my exhaust shop in the next week or so and I'll have them put a few welds in to keep everything in place since I won't ever be removing it.
Have you emailed Carven about this? Curious to know what they told you....

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
Im still not sure what the attraction is to this brand. Sounds like an 80s chevy with poppy exhaust anyway. Youre not the first to complain about fitment. Looks like the hangers are the problem to me, the can slide back and forth in the rubber isolators
Looking at it this morning and I think you’re right....there’s way too much play in the hangers. If they had something on the ends to prevent them from sliding it would probably stay put. Now I’m not sure if welding all the joints would even solve anything....

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
I looked everything over and narrowed it down to the 2, rear hangers. Way too much movement. Just picked up some hose clamps that I’ll put on and I think that’ll keep everything in place. Stopping by my muffler shop first to see what they say. Maybe they can weld a stud or large nut to the hanger???

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
End result. Works good now and stays centered :unsure::unsure::unsure: thanks Carven.....

Attachments

• E07A803B-2A4A-4593-8940-EDC255281D10.jpeg
    E07A803B-2A4A-4593-8940-EDC255281D10.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 95

Carven Exhaust

Reaction score
getting a 2019 into the shop again this week. The fitment issue is on the order in which the clamps are tightened. We will be modifying the rear hangars to account for the movement. Please bare with us, and if you have issues, please give us a call. All it takes is a phone call and we can set you up with a brand new kit. In any event, the two trucks we've had in here have NOT had this problem. Any customer who has called with ANY type of issue, has been essentially handed a whole new kit. Kits we've verified on the 2019 ourselves. All we can do is work to diagnose the issue, but at no point have we EVER left a customer hanging. especially with fitment issues.

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
getting a 2019 into the shop again this week. The fitment issue is on the order in which the clamps are tightened. We will be modifying the rear hangars to account for the movement. Please bare with us, and if you have issues, please give us a call. All it takes is a phone call and we can set you up with a brand new kit. In any event, the two trucks we've had in here have NOT had this problem. Any customer who has called with ANY type of issue, has been essentially handed a whole new kit. Kits we've verified on the 2019 ourselves. All we can do is work to diagnose the issue, but at no point have we EVER left a customer hanging. especially with fitment issues.
Cool. I’ll be calling you then. (y)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this and standing behind your product.

Cheers,

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
This thread is somewhat old......is there anyone on here with an installed Carven Cat Back? Specifically the “redesigned” system with the new rear hangers.....

Any customer who has called with ANY type of issue, has been essentially handed a whole new kit. Kits we've verified on the 2019 ourselves. All we can do is work to diagnose the issue, but at no point have we EVER left a customer hanging. especially with fitment issues.

.......I called you guys October 22 and was told that you were still working on the redesign. But you did say you were sending me a t shirt to keep me happy. Haven’t received it yet :unsure:

Am I the only one here who has not received a new system or should I continue to wait??

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread is somewhat old......is there anyone on here with an installed Carven Cat Back? Specifically the “redesigned” system with the new rear hangers.....

.......I called you guys October 22 and was told that you were still working on the redesign. But you did say you were sending me a t shirt to keep me happy. Haven’t received it yet :unsure:

Am I the only one here who has not received a new system or should I continue to wait??
I first called them 3-4 weeks ago. Called again about 2 weeks ago. Was told they are still waiting on parts to come in. Will call again this week if time permits.

calvinjwilcox

Reaction score
I first called them 3-4 weeks ago. Called again about 2 weeks ago. Was told they are still waiting on parts to come in. Will call again this week if time permits.
Geez.....well at least I’m not the only one then. Are you driving around with yours on or did you take the whole system down?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Geez.....well at least I’m not the only one then. Are you driving around with yours on or did you take the whole system down?
I still have mine on, the driver side tip keeps coming out of alignment. Irritates the hell out of me but sounds too good to take off.

Users who are viewing this thread