5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay Not Connecting

ChiefAllDay

Reaction score
This has happened to me quite a few times over the years. It's almost always fixed by using a quality USB cable. The 3 pack for $10 at the gas station cables tend to fail a lot sooner than later. Here's a way to tell if you have an actual Apple cable: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204566

Pairing has nothing to do with carplay, it has everything to do with your USB connection. I am using an Anker USB-C to Lightning cable in my 1500 with no issues, if you want to get something other than an apple cable.

Gluck!

Richluck

Reaction score
I had this issue recently. It even says device not supported and the pop up shows every 10 seconds to 10 minutes. Nothing will take it away. It's the USB hub that is bad. Per other threads you need to have it replaced if you have issues with car play and android auto/ screen projection. I solved mine by smacking the USB hub a few times out of anger. It worked right after I did that so it's probably a loose connection inside. Glad I don't need to waste a trip to the dealer for now.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Mine did this from day 1. Dealt with it for a week or so, then took it in. It was a bad USB hub from the factory. They replaced it and it’s worked flawless ever since!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had this issue recently. It even says device not supported and the pop up shows every 10 seconds to 10 minutes. Nothing will take it away. It's the USB hub that is bad. Per other threads you need to have it replaced if you have issues with car play and android auto/ screen projection. I solved mine by smacking the USB hub a few times out of anger. It worked right after I did that so it's probably a loose connection inside. Glad I don't need to waste a trip to the dealer for now.

Mine did this from day 1. Dealt with it for a week or so, then took it in. It was a bad USB hub from the factory. They replaced it and it’s worked flawless ever since!

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

DinDallas

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Mine has been acting up for months and finally stop working until I have it a smack and presto, it started working. Will be interesting to see how long it works.

Users who are viewing this thread