5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CARLI SUSPENSION 2.5" suspension system

rcstevens18

Reaction score
I believe they are going to recommend the upcoming HD springs for the fully optioned Rebel. Thats my truck in the article. The stance is much improved with the taller rear springs, but I am looking forward to the HD springs. I’m hoping it will help with the extra weight when I go camping as well.
Sorry to revive an older thread, but how's the valving in the Carli Kit? When working with them did they ever mention if they valve them differently (firmer or softer) than out-of-the-box King kits? I'm heavily considering the full Carli package or piecing together a kit with all the Carli components but getting the shocks from either Thuren or Filthy.

Especially in the summer, I'll usually be on forest roads almost every weekend but the reality of my truck's usage is that I drive around 30K miles per year and need soft highway ride quality too.

JDHarris

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an older thread, but how's the valving in the Carli Kit? When working with them did they ever mention if they valve them differently (firmer or softer) than out-of-the-box King kits? I'm heavily considering the full Carli package or piecing together a kit with all the Carli components but getting the shocks from either Thuren or Filthy.

Especially in the summer, I'll usually be on forest roads almost every weekend but the reality of my truck's usage is that I drive around 30K miles per year and need soft highway ride quality too.
The King shocks in the Carli suspension kit are custom valved for the kit. How that compares to stock valving on King shocks, I can’t say, as I’ve never felt them. I just had my truck on some rutted out and washboard forest roads this weekend. I love the way this suspension handles them. My truck is also my daily driver. I know it’s a different beast, but my truck runs circles around and is way more comfortable than my friend’s 2022 AEV Prospector XL (Ram 2500 with 40’s) in that environment.

I am anxiously awaiting the Carli HD springs though. With my camping gear, I’d like to have the higher load handling.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I have been a Carli fan for awhile. I'm thinking about the commuter kit for my Laramie I daily. I talked with Carli and they highly recomend aftermarket wheels. I'm not sure if i'll do a 35 though as she tows.. maybe a 33/34 though.

Fironman9

Reaction score
JUST RELEASED YESTERDAY

JDHarris

Reaction score
JUST RELEASED YESTERDAY
The HD coil is really nice so far. My truck sagged in the rear just a bit with the normal Rebel coils (I have RamBox and MFT). These springs resolved that and made the truck sit much better when loaded with my camping gear as well.

Reaction score
I have been a Carli fan for awhile. I'm thinking about the commuter kit for my Laramie I daily. I talked with Carli and they highly recomend aftermarket wheels. I'm not sure if i'll do a 35 though as she tows.. maybe a 33/34 though.
I just got the Carli commuter kit in last week. I am going with after market wheels, method 305 in -12 offset in 18" for wheels. Still debating on the 35" vs 295/70/18 tire size. Hope to have feedback and pictures to everyone shortly.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Wheels are on the way, they get here next week. Hope to have it all together by the end of next week and I am going to go with the ridge grappler in 35's. Carli posted out a picture of the 1500 with the commuter kit on IG, see link. Login • Instagram
What gears do you have? I have the 3.92 as i tow a few collector and "race" cars around. I'm worried about the squat in rear when loaded.. I spoke to Carli and they dont offer a bag kit. (only on 3/4 and 1 tons, worked slick on my 3/4 ton) so i'm torn as they were not sure about the bags that insert into the rear springs and such. And i'm leaning to a 33" tire just for towing.. she tows like a champ with the stock tires and these gears for a gas burner so far.

Filmoreranger

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m late to this thread. Just purchased the Carli Performance with the HD rear coils & 35” Toyo OC AT3. Everything is shipping out in a few weeks.
For the guys with the Carli, what’s your review on it, and the total height? Worth the $5K investment? Also, can you guys posts some pics of your trucks?
Sorry for the questions, just super pumped to finally get rid of these garbage Forteras that came from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What gears do you have? I have the 3.92 as i tow a few collector and "race" cars around. I'm worried about the squat in rear when loaded.. I spoke to Carli and they dont offer a bag kit. (only on 3/4 and 1 tons, worked slick on my 3/4 ton) so i'm torn as they were not sure about the bags that insert into the rear springs and such. And i'm leaning to a 33" tire just for towing.. she tows like a champ with the stock tires and these gears for a gas burner so far.
I have 3.21, I bought this truck used, didnt build it. I do not tow regularly and sorry i can not help in this regard. Tires go on Saturday morning and will report back after a few days of driving on 35's. Have you considered going with the HD springs in the rear to avoid the squat?

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I have 3.21, I bought this truck used, didnt build it. I do not tow regularly and sorry i can not help in this regard. Tires go on Saturday morning and will report back after a few days of driving on 35's. Have you considered going with the HD springs in the rear to avoid the squat?

Keep us posted if you could.

I have. Carli came out with a set I hear for the 1500. So I may look into it. I need tires. But hate to buy stock ones if I level or go Carli lol

Reaction score
Keep us posted if you could.

I have. Carli came out with a set I hear for the 1500. So I may look into it. I need tires. But hate to buy stock ones if I level or go Carli lol

Install was yesterday and went really well. Stock UCA's were not the easiest to separate from the spindle, use a ball joint separator. Other than that it was a breeze based off the instructions from Carli. Truck, on stock tires, sits completely level and I have the MFT. Will report back on any sag in the rear, if there is i will go to the HD coils. She gets aligned tomorrow so I will get some road miles on stock tires to report on the feel before 35's go on.

Reaction score
Hi guys- sorry for the delay. Kit is on, wheels and tires too. This truck rides like a dream and could not be more excited on how she turned out. I gained right at 2.1" in lift in the front, allowed me to run the 35" ridge grapplers. The ride is firmer and sportier than the softer stock suspension but in now way an uncomfortable or to stiff of a ride. I get tons of complements on stance, looks and ride. Will be hitting some local trails in August and will let everyone know how she does off the pavement.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 155

Downmented

Reaction score
So if I am understanding Carli's "rebel" article, and what you folks mention in this thread. If I have a rebel with a 2.5" leveling kit with 35s, and want to switch over to a Carli kit with HD rebel springs, it "should" sit at about the same height both front and rear and the trimming in front wheel wells should be the same for fitting my 35s?

JDHarris

Reaction score
So if I am understanding Carli's "rebel" article, and what you folks mention in this thread. If I have a rebel with a 2.5" leveling kit with 35s, and want to switch over to a Carli kit with HD rebel springs, it "should" sit at about the same height both front and rear and the trimming in front wheel wells should be the same for fitting my 35s?
Depends on your current kit. The Carli kit stays about stock height in the rear and lifts the front about 2 inches. I didn’t need to trim at all to fit 35’s, though I did remove those mini mud flap things and go in with a heat gun and reshape some plastic on the wheel liner (heat gun and wet paper towel). I have a Rebel with MFT, RamBox, and Diamondback hard tonneau combined with the Carli HD springs.

Last edited:

Relkins07

Reaction score
Hi guys- sorry for the delay. Kit is on, wheels and tires too. This truck rides like a dream and could not be more excited on how she turned out. I gained right at 2.1" in lift in the front, allowed me to run the 35" ridge grapplers. The ride is firmer and sportier than the softer stock suspension but in now way an uncomfortable or to stiff of a ride. I get tons of complements on stance, looks and ride. Will be hitting some local trails in August and will let everyone know how she does off the pavement.
What’s your gas mileage after the new set up?

Jack.

Reaction score
Hows the carli commuter system treating ya? im thinking of upgrading my bilstein 5100 to them but feel like it'll be a waste of $$ haha

Users who are viewing this thread