5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CARLI SUSPENSION 2.5" suspension system

JDHarris

Reaction score
I got it on mine last week. I haven't been able to take it off-road yet, but soon. The ride on the street is very similar to stock, IMO. It takes sharper bumps better than stock and has less body roll when cornering.

theduster22

Reaction score
What kit did you order? I want to do the same
It's the Carli Performance 2.5 System for 2019+ Rams.

I have a '21 Rebel Eco-Diesel and Carli recently confirmed that their standard kit plays nicely across all the 5th Gen Ram models. The only caveat is that during their testing phase they found that Rebels tend to sit ever so slightly lower in the rear than non-Rebels. They're finishing up a new rear coil that's 1" longer to remedy this but it's not ready yet and they don't have a part number for it.

I ordered my kit through Powerhouse Performance (So Cal) and they're doing the install as well ... they do tons of Carli builds ... Super cool guys too.

FYI - as of earlier today Carli had 4 of these kits available and I got one of them.

Reaction score
It's the Carli Performance 2.5 System for 2019+ Rams.

I have a '21 Rebel Eco-Diesel and Carli recently confirmed that their standard kit plays nicely across all the 5th Gen Ram models. The only caveat is that during their testing phase they found that Rebels tend to sit ever so slightly lower in the rear than non-Rebels. They're finishing up a new rear coil that's 1" longer to remedy this but it's not ready yet and they don't have a part number for it.

I ordered my kit through Powerhouse Performance (So Cal) and they're doing the install as well ... they do tons of Carli builds ... Super cool guys too.

FYI - as of earlier today Carli had 4 of these kits available and I got one of them.
Thanks. I think I will wait for the Commuter system to come out and get it for my Rebel. Hopefully just a few more weeks. Post Pics of yours after you get it installed.

Todd1500

Reaction score
They're finishing up a new rear coil that's 1" longer to remedy this but it's not ready yet and they don't have a part number for it.
This is great news. Where did you hear this? From Carli? From Powerhouse Performance? Part of my hesitation on this kit is that I tend to be loaded down off-road with camping gear. I would prefer to keep a little rake so the truck doesn't squat when loaded down. But I would prefer a longer spring over a spring rated for higher weight since most of my driving isn't with the truck fully loaded.

JDHarris

Reaction score
The only caveat is that during their testing phase they found that Rebels tend to sit ever so slightly lower in the rear than non-Rebels. They're finishing up a new rear coil that's 1" longer to remedy this but it's not ready yet and they don't have a part number for it.
I have a Rebel and it does sit about 3/4” lower in the rear than it does in the front. I was not aware of them making a longer coil to remedy this. I’ll have to follow up with them and get more info. Thanks!

IMG_1255.jpg

Last edited:

Todd1500

Reaction score
This is great news. Where did you hear this? From Carli? From Powerhouse Performance? Part of my hesitation on this kit is that I tend to be loaded down off-road with camping gear. I would prefer to keep a little rake so the truck doesn't squat when loaded down. But I would prefer a longer spring over a spring rated for higher weight since most of my driving isn't with the truck fully loaded.
Back with an answer. Just got this in my email from Carli:

Todd1500

Reaction score
I have the ORP....so I assume this is the kit for me too, but as mentioned in the post, they have yet to confirm this.

nixon984

Reaction score
I'm very interested in buying this kit. I had a Carli kit on my 2006 Ram 2500.

If anyone who has the the kit installed, please post your wheel size, width and spacing and what tire size. And if trimming is required, please advise how much. Pictures would be incredibly helpful.

JDHarris

Reaction score
I’m running 35x12.5 KO2’s on Method NV’s with -12 backspacing. The shop did some trimming of the rear of the front fender liners. I’m currently experimenting with a new set of fender liners on whether it works with just heating and reshaping rather than cutting. It looks like it should be fine. With tires this wide it does get very close to the body at the pinch weld in the rear of the front wheel wells when turning on my truck. If I went any larger I’d get contact. There is plenty of room in the front of the wheel wells. The rear tires fit without issue or trimming. I probably would have gone for 11.5” width tires if I’d known how close it gets to the pinch weld on my truck when turning.

JD FOX

Reaction score
Just got my kit in on Thursday. Expecting to install in the next two weeks or so. Ill make a full post for it when I complete it.

brodieg

Reaction score
Just got my kit last night!
I only ordered the break lines and the shocks. I already had after-market UCAs and rear springs.
20211001_234951.jpg
20211001_234805.jpg
20211001_235141.jpg

nixon984

Reaction score
JD FOX and brodieg, when did you order your kits? Wondering about the delays

Todd1500

Reaction score
Back with an answer. Just got this in my email from Carli:

So....Carli posted another update on the rear springs:

The 1500s are far more sensitive to weight-added thanks to their lighter springs rates. Adding options like the Multi-Function Tailgate and Ram Box, especially when combined, add 250lbs of static weight to the rear end. This difference in weight has the Rebel sitting nearly 1″ low even with the Rebel Specific springs!

So it seems the suspension on these trucks is more complex than they bargained for. Makes me wonder if RAM has many different rear springs for these trucks depending on what options are on the truck. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how they decide to address the different trucks and option levels.

Scroll to the end for the added discussion:

JDHarris

Reaction score
I believe they are going to recommend the upcoming HD springs for the fully optioned Rebel. Thats my truck in the article. The stance is much improved with the taller rear springs, but I am looking forward to the HD springs. I’m hoping it will help with the extra weight when I go camping as well.

Todd1500

Reaction score
I believe they are going to recommend the upcoming HD springs for the fully optioned Rebel. Thats my truck in the article. The stance is much improved with the taller rear springs, but I am looking forward to the HD springs. I’m hoping it will help with the extra weight when I go camping as well.

Nice truck! Fun to have glamour shots of your own truck on their web site!

You're probably correct, but would be nice if they have end up with a couple versions of the HD springs. Costs money to add those options, so probably will be just one HD spring. Those with fully optioned standard trucks will likely have two options. The 1" taller springs or 1" taller HD springs. I think their preference is 1 standard spring and 1 HD spring. So as it is, they might already be needing to do 1 more spring than they had planned.

Users who are viewing this thread