5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Carli Performance 2.5" Install and First Impressions

theduster22

Reaction score
That sounds fun and all but are you trying to break your truck?
Well it wasn't exactly my intention to break anything, no.

I was just out there trying to have some fun and in the end it happened. Definitely didn't just spend $10k for a mall crawler that's for sure ... but also now I know where the limit is with this system.

RedBeard85

Reaction score
Love it. Im probably going to do something similar as well.

Most shops I have been to with regard to 3-4" lifts only reccomend a few kits on the market. For instance the cheaper Readylifts, pro comps, etc have across the board been discouraged due the additional wear they would provide on the axle shaft, ball joints, etc. Any similar experiences/thoughts? Im weary of some lift shops that may have dealer relationships with certain wheels, tires, kits... Maybe discouraging certain brands in order to maintain their relationships/profit margins?

Random question - what is ORG?

Last edited:

DAM951

Reaction score

Most shops I have been to with regard to 3-4" lifts only reccomend a few kits on the market. For instance the cheaper Readylifts, pro comps, etc have across the board been discouraged due the additional wear they would provide on the axle shaft, ball joints, etc. Any similar experiences/thoughts? Im weary of some lift shops that may have dealer relationships with certain wheels, tires, kits... Maybe discouraging certain brands in order to maintain their relationships/profit margins?

Carli is currently rebuilding their kit. You also have the ability to get:

883-26-078: KIT: 19-ON Ram 1500 w/ UCA, Front Coil-Over, 2.5 Truck FRS, R/R, 3” Lift, DSC
883-26-079: KIT: 19-ON Ram 1500, Rear, 2.5 Truck FRS, P/B, 0-2” Lift, DSC
Upper control arm from Icon, BDS or Total Chaos

This would give you a pretty similar set up for the truck.

i have run into a lot of shops that list the same issues with the cheaper 3-4” kits

DAM951

Reaction score

@RedBeard85 also if you check out AccuTune Off-road they will Pre-Tune the coil overs and rear shocks for what your needs are.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carli is currently rebuilding their kit. You also have the ability to get:

883-26-078: KIT: 19-ON Ram 1500 w/ UCA, Front Coil-Over, 2.5 Truck FRS, R/R, 3” Lift, DSC
883-26-079: KIT: 19-ON Ram 1500, Rear, 2.5 Truck FRS, P/B, 0-2” Lift, DSC
Upper control arm from Icon, BDS or Total Chaos

This would give you a pretty similar set up for the truck.

i have run into a lot of shops that list the same issues with the cheaper 3-4” kits

I'm interested in their rebuild. (I haven't hit their site in a few weeks.) My preference is to increase the capability, keep the handling and ride, and I also like the rake that it has...not interested in a level.

DAM951

Reaction score
I'm interested in their rebuild. (I haven't hit their site in a few weeks.) My preference is to increase the capability, keep the handling and ride, and I also like the rake that it has...not interested in a level.
I am mistaken in my comment above.

The Performance series is the same and running the King 2.5s with King 2.5s in the rear.

I was looking at the commuter series which has Fox 2.5s in the front and Fox 2.0s in the rear.

I personally went through Accutune Off-road in El Cajon and had custom tuned Fox 2.5 w/ DSC Coilovers for the front and Fox 2.5s w/DSC in the rear Since the Carli Performance is back-ordered.

Icon UCA and Icon Rear 2 Stage Spring as well.

Users who are viewing this thread