5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cargo ship catches fire do you know anyone who purchased a VW or a Porsche

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, there goes my Taycan…

Edit: I’m not joking, I ordered a turbo S and no one’s giving me updates.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, there goes my Taycan…

Edit: I’m not joking, I ordered a turbo S and no one’s giving me updates.
Well crap, as jealous as I am I'm also concerned for you. Hope it's safe elsewhere.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well crap, as jealous as I am I'm also concerned for you. Hope it's safe elsewhere.
I hope the experience goes better than my ‘22 Ram, and I hope I don’t hate an EV. I also hope I don’t regret Mamba Green paint.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope the experience goes better than my ‘22 Ram, and I hope I don’t hate an EV. I also hope I don’t regret Mamba Green paint.
That is a crazy green for sure but I like it. Torque will be fun with the EV......

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mamba Green looks much better in person, especially if you pair it with the right wheels. The only negative is it's tougher to resell. I've noticed a few different Mamba Green models at my local Porsche dealer that sat a little longer.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mamba Green looks much better in person, especially if you pair it with the right wheels. The only negative is it's tougher to resell. I've noticed a few different Mamba Green models at my local Porsche dealer that sat a little longer.
I haven’t seen it in person there. The only thing they had when I went in was a white GTS.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I don’t like that color (or something else), I’m just going to eat my deposit if they won’t give it back. I’m not going to pay ~$2900/mo for something I regret.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Glad mine is safely tucked away for the winter in my garage.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Friend of mine is with a Porsche dealer up north. They have nothing and can get nothing. This certainly won't help.

Edit: the official count is 1117 cars which includes 33 GT3, 16 Turbo S, and 19 Turbo S Cabriolet.

Last edited:

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No love lost. Those VW engines turn into a carbon buildup nightmare quick.

Ramjack

Reaction score
I’m not going to pay ~$2900/mo for something I regret.
LOL. I'm not going to pay ~$2900/mo for anything . . . ever.

BTW, I think you made a fine choice of color. I don't think I would've had the guts to choose it myself, but I suspect it will be kind of striking . . . in a good way.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are so few Porches 911 variants on any dealership lot right now, it sucks for anyone who has a order on that ship, but I feel especially bad for any GT3, GT2 that could be on that ship.

The boat and cars are insured for the respected parties, but that aren't a lot of chips around at the moment to make up the numbers for those cars.

Ramjack

Reaction score
There are so few Porches 911 variants on any dealership lot right now, it sucks for anyone who has a order on that ship, but I feel especially bad for any GT3, GT2 that could be on that ship.

The boat and cars are insured for the respected parties, but that aren't a lot of chips around at the moment to make up the numbers for those cars.

Ramjack

Reaction score
It's being reported that there was a similar occurrence in 2019 when four (4) Porsche 911 GT2 RS cars were lost. Production on those limited-edition vehicles had ended, but Porsche stepped up and produced replacements. $300k+ each !!!

Users who are viewing this thread