5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo/high brake light led conversion

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
is there a way to tell if I have the updated parts for the 3rd brake light without actually taking it off? I'm hesitant to break that factory seal lol
Don't know about the light BUT the screws are changed, old style is philips head with a white washer while the new screw is star and a black washer. New is also shorter and shaped a little flatter on the shaft side of the screw.
Feel a little screwy knowing the difference for the CHMSL screws.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't know about the light BUT the screws are changed, old style is philips head with a white washer while the new screw is star and a black washer. New is also shorter and shaped a little flatter on the shaft side of the screw.
Feel a little screwy knowing the difference for the CHMSL screws.
Lol. I'll take a glance at my screws and see what they used. Easy way to tell without taking the light off.

Knight.

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the part number to the new screws that the LED CHMSL uses. I was thinking of using two of the four screws the old lamp has but if they changed them to different ones it's for a reason probably. Anyone happen to know the part number? lol

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I checked with my local dealer and looks like the part number is 6036490AA for the newer style screws...

I received 06036802AA

Users who are viewing this thread