5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo Camera - Is it possible?

JRD

Reaction score
I know I’ve seen it mentioned in old threads, and I’ve seen the rear digital camera “HOW TO”. But what I’m looking for is the cargo camera like the 2500s.

When I see it mentioned in the old threads it says it can’t be done, but they’re like 2-3 years old. Has anyone dug into this, or attempted it? Unfortunately I have no mechanical skill, so I’m at the mercy of the HOW TO section.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know I’ve seen it mentioned in old threads, and I’ve seen the rear digital camera “HOW TO”. But what I’m looking for is the cargo camera like the 2500s.

When I see it mentioned in the old threads it says it can’t be done, but they’re like 2-3 years old. Has anyone dug into this, or attempted it? Unfortunately I have no mechanical skill, so I’m at the mercy of the HOW TO section.
It can be done, but not easy. You would need to modify your CHMSL to add the camera and then run the cables, etc.

JRD

Reaction score
It can be done, but not easy. You would need to modify your CHMSL to add the camera and then run the cables, etc.
Do you know if it is the same CHMSL people are using for the digital rear view? Another thing I’m not sure about is how it would look on the display, I would think it should look OEM on the screen since it’s an option on the 2500, thoughts?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Do you know if it is the same CHMSL people are using for the digital rear view? Another thing I’m not sure about is how it would look on the display, I would think it should look OEM on the screen since it’s an option on the 2500, thoughts?
Doesn't matter which CHMSL, you still need to add the extra camera.

JRD

Reaction score
Doesn't matter which CHMSL, you still need to add the extra camera.
I have a 3rd brake light & CHMSL for $400 out of a wrecked 2019 3500. Can anyone think of a reason this wouldn’t work or should I just pick up the parts? $400 seems like a fair deal based on what I’ve seen for new?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have a 3rd brake light & CHMSL for $400 out of a wrecked 2019 3500. Can anyone think of a reason this wouldn’t work or should I just pick up the parts? $400 seems like a fair deal based on what I’ve seen for new?
From what I remember, it doesn't match up since the cabs aren't the same.

JRD

Reaction score
From what I remember, it doesn't match up since the cabs aren't the same.
What a bummer! I have a tonneau cover & when it’s flipped up you don’t know what’s happening back there.

Users who are viewing this thread