5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Play Help

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Hello all. Apple car play does not appear on my home screen nor in the manage apps settings page. Is able to be downloaded via the display or is this a factory reset issue.? TIA.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Thanks. I did read through the manual. Problem is that when I connect the phone with cable to usb, the car play icon does not appear. Turned the phone on and off. Didn’t work. Went into the general settings on the phone and selected CarPlay, pressed the VC button on the wheel and the phone just keeps a spinning circle next to “available cars”. It obviously is not recognizing the phone. It an iPhone 7, so it should work

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I did read through the manual. Problem is that when I connect the phone with cable to usb, the car play icon does not appear. Turned the phone on and off. Didn’t work. Went into the general settings on the phone and selected CarPlay, pressed the VC button on the wheel and the phone just keeps a spinning circle next to “available cars”. It obviously is not recognizing the phone. It an iPhone 7, so it should work
Check to make sure you have projection mirroring (or called something like that) option on. This option can be found in the general phone settings in uconnect.

DMXS

Reaction score
Make sure the cable is genuine i-phone cord. My andriod auto will not recognize my Samsung phone with the aftermarket cord.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have found that not all usb ports will connect to the uconnect system, only select usb ports work for this.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Thanks all. Using a genuine cable. The projection mirroring was off even though I thought I had turned it on. CarPlay no shows up as an icon, wish me luck it will actually work.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks all. Using a genuine cable. The projection mirroring was off even though I thought I had turned it on. CarPlay no shows up as an icon, wish me luck it will actually work.
Did you get it sorted out and is it working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online