5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caps

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
stupid question
why get a truck and then put a shell on it?
why not not just get a suv?

by the way I know the answer
I am asking for the readers who have not registered and are looking to get a pickup
This thread got hillarious. The answer is because an SUV won't handle my other needs. A cap will allow me and the wife to just crawl in and sleep on an air mattress. I'm not an overlander. I like to hunt, fish and explore. I can live on a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and a couple of beers when I'm out exploring. I don't need a kitchen, skottle, sink, refrigerator, etc. blah blah blah. And I need my truck. I just think this cap will work great. Also I'm looking at an aluminum one that only weighs 125lbs. Money is not n object for me.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This thread got hillarious. The answer is because an SUV won't handle my other needs. A cap will allow me and the wife to just crawl in and sleep on an air mattress. I'm not an overlander. I like to hunt, fish and explore. I can live on a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and a couple of beers when I'm out exploring. I don't need a kitchen, skottle, sink, refrigerator, etc. blah blah blah. And I need my truck. I just think this cap will work great. Also I'm looking at an aluminum one that only weighs 125lbs. Money is not n object for me.
finally someone gets it

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was debating between the Smart Cap, ARE Z2, and an aluminum cap. I didn't feel I needed the ruggedness of the Smart Cap, and I tend leave my cap on for long periods of time, so I wanted something looked and fit a little better than the aluminum. So, I went with the ARE Z2. If I was going off-road camping, I would have gone with the Smart Cap for its versatility.

Attachments

• 20220805_131701.jpg
    20220805_131701.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 20

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was debating between the Smart Cap, ARE Z2, and an aluminum cap. I didn't feel I needed the ruggedness of the Smart Cap, and I tend leave my cap on for long periods of time, so I wanted something looked and fit a little better than the aluminum. So, I went with the ARE Z2. If I was going off-road camping, I would have gone with the Smart Cap for its versatility.
Thanks for the input.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You got one of the best looking ones out there nice choice! If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the ballpark price on these with matching paint?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you, 2700 plus tax, has since gone up 300 to 3000.
Thanks for the info! Ouch, it’s outta my budget now but I’ll keep an eye out for the rare chance that someone sells theirs used in the future haha

Users who are viewing this thread