5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capless Gas Inlets?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why unfortunately? I love this option as there's nothing to lose, leave loose, etc. Plus when was the last time you heard of gas being stolen? I've not heard about this happening in the last 10 years. I guess it happens but not in our area. Too many of us carry persuasion.
It's difficult if not impossible to siphon gas on a new vehicle now. The big thing is to just punch a hole in the plastic gas tank, let it fill the jug, and the rest pours out on the ground. Like NorthStar said, it's more to keep anyone from putting anything in the tank than to discourage them from stealing gas. Bored kids are usually the culprits of this type of thing, and with lots of kids being "home schooled" these days, I suspect they have more time on their hands than normal.

Sinlinson

Reaction score
The gas fill is the worst part of the truck. What's the trick for not spilling gas all over the side of your truck? About half the time it comes spilling out of the diaphram. Being unlocked all the time does suck also!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ask because there are some on eBay selling Gas Caps for the 5th Generation (GAS) Ram 1500's. They claim the Spring Loaded Fuel Flaps are special order. I was wanting absolute confirmation before I reported them to eBay for FRAUD.
It might be for the classic body style...

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ask because there are some on eBay selling Gas Caps for the 5th Generation (GAS) Ram 1500's. They claim the Spring Loaded Fuel Flaps are special order. I was wanting absolute confirmation before I reported them to eBay for FRAUD.
Can you provide a link to any of these? I'm curious to see what they look like, and it would be easy to tell if they are for the classic body style or not.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The gas fill is the worst part of the truck. What's the trick for not spilling gas all over the side of your truck? About half the time it comes spilling out of the diaphram. Being unlocked all the time does suck also!
If the gas spills out, either the shut off for the pump is bad, or you are trying to top off the tank, after it initially clocks off, which you aren't supposed to do.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the gas spills out, either the shut off for the pump is bad, or you are trying to top off the tank, after it initially clocks off, which you aren't supposed to do.
Usually that will trip the fuel sensor too...not in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread