5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot order a E-Torque with Sunroof and/or Off road group now

acat

Reaction score
Just heard from the dealer, seems like its caused by a weight issue on towing.

the truck has been on the market for over 6 months, how can FCA just discover this issue rencently?

meanwhile, anyone knows how is the cab feeling without the sunroof... coming from the bimmer and volvo side...

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well shoot, I've got all three. She's heavy that way but I still have ~900 lb payload available with me in it.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well shoot, I've got all three. She's heavy that way but I still have ~900 lb payload available with me in it.

A bit over the "average" weight of 150? :ROFLMAO:

I lose 100lbs right off the bat for being 6'4", that's profiling, and profiling's wrong!

I also have etorque and sunroof, but no ORG, but do have air ride, sooo, my truck is a big girl...

cruz-in

Reaction score
Got it all.....hemi, etorque, ORP, sunroof, air ride, etc. Payload capacity is just over 1300 pounds. not great but workable for towing less than 7K or 8K.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Payload at 1,069 on my Longhorn... @Edwards is right about there with me. As someone pointed out, it’s still technically a half-ton ;)

cruz-in

Reaction score
Payload at 1,069 on my Longhorn... @Edwards is right about there with me. As someone pointed out, it’s still technically a half-ton ;)

Interesting our trucks are virtually identical except yours has the trifold and the 33 gallon tank and there is 250 pounds of difference between our payloads. Mine is 1310.

I figure if I ever need more, I can remove the skid plates. There was a post on here that siad they weigh 165 pounds.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is removing the Ram skid plates a simple task?

The fuel tank skidplate on my Durango shares the same bolts used by the fuel tank mounting straps. To remove the skidplate, you pretty much have to go through the steps of dropping the fuel tank... unless you can find a way to somehow jigger the fuel tank to remain in place while the bolts are out.

Repsol_Maker

Reaction score
Is removing the Ram skid plates a simple task?

The fuel tank skidplate on my Durango shares the same bolts used by the fuel tank mounting straps. To remove the skidplate, you pretty much have to go through the steps of dropping the fuel tank... unless you can find a way to somehow jigger the fuel tank to remain in place while the bolts are out.

I just installed the steering rack and transfer case plates two days ago. 4 bolts on each. And I don’t think they weigh that much unless the fuel tank one is 120lbs.

2725a2bedfc209cc7f1ea76082e82e82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruz-in

Reaction score
Just heard from the dealer, seems like its caused by a weight issue on towing.

the truck has been on the market for over 6 months, how can FCA just discover this issue rencently?

meanwhile, anyone knows how is the cab feeling without the sunroof... coming from the bimmer and volvo side...

So is it no etorque with either the sunroof or the OFP? Or just no etorque with both?

Seems like no etorque with a sunroof would affect lots of folks.

Jax44

Reaction score
So I have all three as well, what does it really mean? Is it just a heavier truck with all the options so i have less payload available?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have all three as well, what does it really mean? Is it just a heavier truck with all the options so i have less payload available?

That's it, unless Ram comes forward with another reason but it's probably just component availability.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
I believe manufacturers have regional and even dealer allotments. So yeah, it's just parts availability... They know how many trucks they can produce and take a stab at figuring what parts and packages will be ordered and then decide on who gets how many.

On the east coast, I had no issue ordering a truck with parts and packages which weren't available to others on the west coast.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
Hmmmm like others I have all 3, plus being 6'8" my payload takes a hit, hopefully they won't expose a mechanical issue or problem with this configuration. :coffee:

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I ran into an issue where I could not order a Laramie 4x4 with the 5'7" bed with Hemi no/etorque. The 5'7" bed was only available with V6 or Hemi eTorque. This turned out to be because the dealer was putting in the order as a dealer order and not a "sold order". As soon as he switched it to "sold order" he was able to order with the Hemi only. I think FCA is limiting what the dealers can order but not what the consumer can order. If that is still the combo you want then it is worth having the dealer make sure that he is putting in the order as a "sold order". I believe this is listed under "Order prioritization/scheduling" portion of the pending order quote in the bottom left corner.

Users who are viewing this thread