5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CANADA DRL HACK?

saylor

Reaction score
CBC Features: DRL Configuration Select “Optional DRL”
CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.
CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled
Select “yes”
ECU3: DRLCustomerSettingEnable/Disable Select “yes”
Custom settings menu: DaytimeRunningLightsCSM Select “yes”
For location, you’ll want to choose “turn signal”.

found this on another forum ^^

so,,,

whats the SRT lightbar DRL?

think there is an available harness wire somewhere?

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I can confirm these options work with Alfaobd as well. Done on mine but just turned off the annoying headlights on all the time. Considering the amber as running lights. Question for you guys runnin Amber's as drl's. When your turn the accent lights back on with the lights at night or whenever, do the Amber's stay on at the top and the accent at the bottom or changes back to all accent lighting?

Also, have a tazer security bypass used like twice if anyone wants to buy in Ontario/Canada locally.

nateonator

Reaction score
Change the customer drl to yes.
Change drl configuration to optional and you will get the toggle soft key in on your radio screen under the light settings. This will allow you to turn on or off your drl (low beam) and drive with only your accent lights (which are brighter than the mustang drl)
2019 Canadian 1500 in US, factory LEDs. I followed these instructions and everything is correct in alphaobd. However, I dont see the option in UConnect for the DRLs and there's no change to the DRLs. Does this take some time to appear? Do I need to change the DRL dropout too?

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

TravisH

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. Nothing on the radio and low beams are still on after changing the two options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nateonator

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue. Nothing on the radio and low beams are still on after changing the two options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found out the missing step from @Jimmy07 in a different post. Once I did this it showed up immediately.

"You also need to change CustSetMenu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present to YES. This is what puts the menu option in the radio settings. Once you change that, it’ll take some time for it to show up."

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

TravisH

Reaction score
Found out the missing step from @Jimmy07 in a different post. Once I did this it showed up immediately.

"You also need to change CustSetMenu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present to YES. This is what puts the menu option in the radio settings. Once you change that, it’ll take some time for it to show up."

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks man! I'll give it a shot in a little bit.

Pejcinoski

Reaction score
I have the factory led's. The activated signal blinks the opposite side stays solid.

CBC DRL Configuration - Optional DRL
CBC DRL Lamp Location- Turn Signal DRL
CBC DRL Dropout Enabled- Yes
Cust. Prog.Features Daytime running lamps- enabled
Hi Guys

Can you help here

I have changed the settings as per your post and I only get the top blinkers amber light for the drl?
I would like to have the white light top and bottom for drl, what settings I need to change?

jljbtm

Reaction score
I have the Canadian truck also and the drls or accent lights are very dim, I see other trucks are much brighter, which programmer do i need to fix this?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can you help here

I have changed the settings as per your post and I only get the top blinkers amber light for the drl?
I would like to have the white light top and bottom for drl, what settings I need to change?
I have tried, but was never able to make it work. I don't think the white LEDs(signature lights) can work for DRLs

Users who are viewing this thread