5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CANADA DRL HACK?

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Hey, I've seen alot of posts about how the American rams can drive with just the drl surround lights on....I tried to find something about this on Canadian models....has anyone figured this out?

saylor

Reaction score
im looking to turn on my ambers as my DRLs, and a setting i have in jscan under DRL settings is 'canada' DRL - i thought in canada it was mandatory?

anyways do you have a odb reader or do you see DRL choices on your screen where you can see how you are set right now?

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
For my Canadian ram, I have the DRLS on with the headlight in the middle at all times. I want the middle headlight off and the surrounding drls on like every other recent truck and car. Does that make sense?

I don't see any options in my 12 inch unconnect screen to change this. I believe the Canadian models are different.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The surrounding lights are not called DRL's according to Ram. They're accent lights. For DRL's, they use the high beam on a lower wattage. DRL's are required in Canada by law, so I don't know if you'd get away with the accent lights as them. They're pretty dim during the day.

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
The surrounding lights are not called DRL's according to Ram. They're accent lights. For DRL's, they use the high beam on a lower wattage. DRL's are required in Canada by law, so I don't know if you'd get away with the accent lights as them. They're pretty dim during the day.
Hmmm I wonder if their is a way to hack this and brighten them, or maybe a aftermarket system

saylor

Reaction score
in jscan you can choose which lamp - but i dont know what the RCMP is gonna do to you

saylor

Reaction score
lol i was JUST looking at jscan - its a app for android so you can talk to a odbII reader and program your truck... you need a security bypass also

i cant believe we have to program these things,, but w/e

DRL LAMP LOCATION:

none / hi / lo / turn signal / fog lamp / dedicated / str light bar DRL

is the choices offered that i see

saylor

Reaction score
you sir need the infotainment FCA security bypass and jscan software and a odbII reader.

i went with bafx products wifi odbii scanner.

jscan is software - like on your phone store

jabowles82

Reaction score
With AlfaOBD you can choose whatever lights you want as DRL's. I have the accent lights on and ambers w/voltage down. I also added the option to turn them off in the screen settings. Ambers look great w/the accent lighting.

eproulx38

Reaction score
Jabowles82, This is what I would like to have. 1) do you have factory led headlights? 2) what happens to each turn signal when you activate one to turn( say I'm turning left... does the right stay solid orange or does it turn off while the other is activated for the turn)
3) did you only change the "lamp location" setting... or were there multiple settings you needed to change?

Evank33

Reaction score
When you turn the other light stays solid orange. I suggest turning off the accent lighting. The orange drl looks a lot better this way. The accent lighting will turn on when all the other lights turn on at night.

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
So in Canada you cannot simply go into your the uconnect setting and turn off the DRL? That’s what we do here in the states it’s an option within the settings.

Evank33

Reaction score
You can activate it with alfaobd. I can post the steps later if you want them

eproulx38

Reaction score
When you turn the other light stays solid orange. I suggest turning off the accent lighting. The orange drl looks a lot better this way. The accent lighting will turn on when all the other lights turn on at night.
Thank you

Evank33

Reaction score
Change the customer drl to yes.
Change drl configuration to optional and you will get the toggle soft key in on your radio screen under the light settings. This will allow you to turn on or off your drl (low beam) and drive with only your accent lights (which are brighter than the mustang drl)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-135258_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-135258_AlfaOBD.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_20210225-135331_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-135331_AlfaOBD.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 208

jabowles82

Reaction score
Jabowles82, This is what I would like to have. 1) do you have factory led headlights? 2) what happens to each turn signal when you activate one to turn( say I'm turning left... does the right stay solid orange or does it turn off while the other is activated for the turn)
3) did you only change the "lamp location" setting... or were there multiple settings you needed to change?

I have the factory led's. The activated signal blinks the opposite side stays solid.

CBC DRL Configuration - Optional DRL
CBC DRL Lamp Location- Turn Signal DRL
CBC DRL Dropout Enabled- Yes
Cust. Prog.Features Daytime running lamps- enabled

eproulx38

Reaction score
I have the factory led's. The activated signal blinks the opposite side stays solid.

CBC DRL Configuration - Optional DRL
CBC DRL Lamp Location- Turn Signal DRL
CBC DRL Dropout Enabled- Yes
Cust. Prog.Features Daytime running lamps- enabled
Thank you for the info. Going to make the changes tomorrow. Looks really good. Too bad it only works when in gear... I won't be able to admire the looks of it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online